Poll suggests 1 in 5 Americans cannot make simple factual assessments

Walsingham

The exception to the rule.
Hmm, perhaps the real reason why cultures which accept polygamy engage in extremely patriarchal forms of behavior is historical coincidence rather than a fundamental characteristic of polygamy? Just maybe...
I don't post if I don't have anything to say, which I guess makes me better than the rest of your so-called "community." 8)

The exception to the rule.
Hmm, perhaps the real reason why cultures which accept polygamy engage in extremely patriarchal forms of behavior is historical coincidence rather than a fundamental characteristic of polygamy? Just maybe...

I would like to say that is a coincidence, but most patriarchal cultures that had polygyny also considered women second class citizens. In fact the number of wives was meant to reflect the power and wealth of the husband. Polygyny might be the result of a patriarchal society.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Those kind, peace loving folks who we all know and love are at it again. Oh those wacky guys and their adventures.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/united-fligh...ory?id=11517664

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Those kind, peace loving folks who we all know and love are at it again. Oh those wacky guys and their adventures.

Are you talking about the Terrorists or the Airports? :)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

In addition, officials said, al Soofi was found to be carrying $7,000 in cash and a check of his luggage found a cell phone taped to a Pepto-Bismol bottle, three cell phones taped together, several watches taped together, a box cutter and three large knives. Officials said there was no indication of explosives and he and his luggage were cleared for the flight from Birmingham to Chicago O'Hare.
Well, I'll certainly sleep better knowing the Keystone Kops are on the job.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Is this post meant to be some sort of insinuation that Muslims are terrorists?

What? Muslims are terroists? Oh my Krezack what a dreadful generalization that is! You should be ashamed of yourself. Why I remember reading on my computer and seeing on TV just today that muslims are peace loving folks who just love everyone and just want to get along with everyone. I mean, the two gentlemen in this article were just having a little fun right? They never meant to harm anyone. Right? I mean, if a few muslims were to so something... oh, I don't know, bad in the name of islam, I'm sure all the happy peace loving ones would come out and say what they did was wrong right?

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

What? Muslims are terroists? Oh my Krezack what a dreadful generalization that is! You should be ashamed of yourself. Why I remember reading on my computer and seeing on TV just today that muslims are peace loving folks who just love everyone and just want to get along with everyone. I mean, the two gentlemen in this article were just having a little fun right? They never meant to harm anyone. Right? I mean, if a few muslims were to so something... oh, I don't know, bad in the name of islam, I'm sure all the happy peace loving ones would come out and say what they did was wrong right?

Err, are you drunk or serious? :)

These two "peace-loving gentlemen" sure are representative of all muslims everywhere!

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Err, are you drunk or serious? :o

Just sarcasm, but I have had a few drinks. Ok, maybe more than a few.

Thomas Sowell

Are all muslims terorrists? No

Do all muslims support terrorism? No

Is there too much double talk and politicing by Muslims when it comes to muslim based terrorists? Absolutely

Way too often, otherwise reasonable good people who happen to Muslims give a backhanded slam on terrorists who use religion to commit (or attempt to) commit mass murder. There's way too much 'what they did was wrong, BUT...".

There is no but. I don't care if x country (usually the US takes the blame) did something horrible in y Muslim country, that doesn't make it a-ok to go bomb innocents. Period.

It's like that christian bomber. He was absolutely slammed by every reasonable person - christian or not - and, those Christians who supported them were, in turn, slammed for their support.

While all muslims are not terrorists, and in fact, the majority of muslim sare good people who just want to live their lives in peace, there is a cultural/religious fcoused problem that leads a certain sect of muslims to the conclusion that the only answer is to target innocents - including OTHER muslims (see the multitude muslim on muslim attacks in both Iraq and Afghanistan).

I'm sure someone will accuse me of bigotry, but they would be full of crap.

Here's an example of what I mean about double standards. It's a know fact that catholic priests tend to have a public issue problem of them molesting children, and they are poked fun of, slammed, and otherwise rediculed for their immoral behaviour not to mention everyone brands the Catholic church as a bunch of molestors because of a relatively low percentage. Is that bigotry or is just a sad stereotype that's come to be because the catholic church has a major issue that THEY need to fix. Just as muslims have a major issue/schism in their religion that THEY need to fix. So, instead of whining about bigotry.. just call a spade a spade. Muslims have a major issue on their hands. Deal with it instead of blaming others. It be liking catholic prists blaming others for their disgusting behaviour.

End of rant.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.