gamescom screenshots

I can't see how can someone ruin Dungeon Siege :lol:

"Oh noes there are too many polygons on my karakters it ruins my Dungeon Siege immersion, also there is actual story oh noes x10"

If the combat is ****, it's still ruined. If the camera is ****, it's still ruined.

I'll be waiting with baited breath for gameplay videos. I'd like to know whether the chick in high heels is completely controllable by the player or just tags along being generally useless, like in Jade Empire and similar games.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Funny how DS3 looks better than DA2.

Obsidian can program the better engines, but can they beat Bioware in sales?

I doubt that Obsidian can use the brand of "gory, dark & edgy" that Bioware used to advertise Dragon Age. So yeah, that's near impossible.

Having actual advertising might help, as would a whole bunch of polish.

And some other games to build up a positive(key word here) reputation

Not releasing it in the same decade as Diablo III wouldn't hurt either...

Edited by Purkake

Not releasing it in the same decade as Diablo III wouldn't hurt either...

As long as it comes out well before Diablo III it's okay and it's not put in direct competition against Dragon Age 2. Hopefully Square Enix can market the game strongly with the help of a succesfull FNV...

Hate the living, love the dead.

I actually thought DS3 uses an over-the-shoulder 3rd person camera. Or is the isometric camera just optional?

You can switch between the two modes though IIRC the top-down view is the only camera mode you can use with co-op.

QFT

Let me get back to sleeping. I'm tired...

Oh, hei, look! New screenshots! :teehee: And I thought this would be just another quiet evening in the DS3 forums. The screens look great, nothing to complain about as far as I'm concerned. But I'd wager the game looks even better in motion, so I can't wait for some gameplay footage.

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Nice shots. I'm wondering, are any of those the 'maxed out' distance viewpoint? Like, #1, #8 & #9 appear to be further away view wise, are those the farthest outward zoom?

Also..it looks like the adorable piranha-head is helping. Please let him be helping. I want him.

but that lens flare looking thing is ridiculous.

It is a bit extreme in a few of the shots (looks like a spell?), but hard to say how it seems when in motion. Screens can capture big balls of still flare, while in motion it's barely a micro-second that's not distracting to actual gameplay.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts