gamescom screenshots

Wow. Looking great. I mean really ******* great. Seems like all that time spent on Onyx engine hasn't gone to waste :lol:

Can't wait too see actual gameplay footage and hear about class mechanics and such :)

Hate the living, love the dead.

THOSE ARE GOOD LOOKING SCREENSHOTS. SERIOUSLY. WHY DIDN'T YOU RELEASE THEM BEFORE OBSDIZ?!

And why New Vegas is using the rotting corpse of Gamebryo, instead of the fresh body of Onyx :lol:.

I hope they will use Onyx or IDTech 5 next time, assuming that Bethesda gives them possibility once more to create Fallout game (Treyarch to Infinity Ward style! ).

THOSE ARE GOOD LOOKING SCREENSHOTS. SERIOUSLY. WHY DIDN'T YOU RELEASE THEM BEFORE OBSDIZ?!

And why New Vegas is using the rotting corpse of Gamebryo, instead of the fresh body of Onyx :lol:.

Most probably because they could reuse the assets and the gameplay would remain similar (instead of needing to redesign it from scratch). Also, from what it looks like, Onyx is more suited to a top-down view, but that may just be because Dungeon Siege III has been designed like that.

EDIT : But seriously, I'm really really impressed. The only thing that could be criticized are the ground textures, but there's still more than enough time to optimize the engine enough to fix them, and even with that blurry textures it still looks excellent.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

Most probably because they could reuse the assets and the gameplay would remain similar (instead of needing to redesign it from scratch). Also, from what it looks like, Onyx is more suited to a top-down view, but that may just be because Dungeon Siege III has been designed like that.

Yeah I know you are right, though I believe Aliens Crucible had over-the-shoulder view, with a lot of shooting, they could reuse some animations from that game too. And I don;t think it would be hard to import some of graphical assets from Fallout 3 to another engine.

Still I understands it's partly due to their development cycle which is very short. It's a shame though because Onyx looks MEGA-Awesome.

Also : positive comments.

... no seriously. The comments under the screenshots are all positive. Granted, they're only 3, and probably someone will comment that Obsidian will ruin Dungeon Siege but still... it's like I'm living in a Bizzarro universe.

I can't see how can someone ruin Dungeon Siege :lol:

"Oh noes there are too many polygons on my karakters it ruins my Dungeon Siege immersion, also there is actual story oh noes x10"

"Oh noes there are too many polygons on my karakters it ruins my Dungeon Siege immersion, also there is actual story oh noes x10"

Over-the-shoulder camera makes it into a Gothic rip-off, light/heavy attack stance makes it a Witcher rip-off. And yes, these are complaints someone actually made.

Over-the-shoulder camera makes it into a Gothic rip-off, light/heavy attack stance makes it a Witcher rip-off. And yes, these are complaints someone actually made.

This is no day for complaints Oner, REJOICE!

Fantastic looking screenshots! Congratulations, Obsidian!

Edit: Ps. Could you include a snow level? Please?

Edited by mkreku

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

It is not wrong, in fact RPG might have better and larger audience and it is very appealing in marketing view. But they should made a totally new game/franchise, not changing something as successful as Dungeon Siege into other genre. It is just not fair to their fans.

I think those people live in some aternative universe where classic RPGs are more popular than the Action ones.

Anyway, back to the topic, It seems that Diablo has the first real competitor since ever, Obsidian may conquer console H'n'S market.

I really hope that this game will make Obsidian famous and allows them to make the games they want, which I hope are Turn Based isometric Roleplaying Games :lol:.

wow :lol:

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

It seems there is the gamescom trailer of DS3.
The trailer is 650mb and their servers are getting pounded, so no trailer for a while. It'll probably be old anyway.

That little teaser couldn't have been as big as that, could it???

..maybe if it was 1080p.

EDIT : Finally got the video, it's just the first teaser, sorry.

Last month they said it was being shown behind closed doors but I read in another thread that it was supposed to be shown public. No videos on Youtube so I guess it's behind closed doors afterall. It was the teaser.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver