New MCA blog post: On Project Directors and Lead Designers

funcroc

It's Stephanie Debrule. She was initially hired as flash artist intern but currently promoted to junior artist / animator and Mikey Dowling's girlfriend.

Your knowledge of things is just getting way too creepy. Don't change though :(

You are awesome and a true patriot funcroc!

I really hope that Obs will finally make a reference to you in one of their games.

It would be awesome for example, to have a guy called Stefan Crocus as a chronicler of the 10th legion in Dungeon Siege III or something simillar.

You are awesome and a true patriot funcroc!

I really hope that Obs will finally make a reference to you in one of their games.

It would be awesome for example, to have a guy called Stefan Crocus as a chronicler of the 10th legion in Dungeon Siege III or something simillar.

Or if they ever make another spy game, just add some really stalker like sidekick into the game :(

Hate the living, love the dead.

The art direction in the game scene concept looks very nice! :)

But can we assume the game is still being made?

There are also some models from "unreleased title" on his site and they also look very cartoonish, so they are probably from Seven Dwarves or this project.

"monstershroom" (or whatever it is called :)) looks super-cool:

image_90.jpg

and applying our story and character development skills to a new, exciting unannounced project.

Off-topic: Obsidian's "Jobs" page updated

Sounds like something they'd do with The Wheel of Time, if my memory serves me and there actually was something "fishy" about Obsidians involvement in it.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

God that was a horrible article.

Though my personal bias was pushed heavily on page 2:

A new script, presumably

Of all the individuals personally invested in pushing the videogame medium forward, David Cage has done the most to legitimise it as a mature storytelling device.

I just can't get over the fact that David Cage counts as mature.

For christs sake. The damn shower scenes. And Sci-Fi Stuff when it isn't necessary.

Edited by C2B

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OT: Feargus Urquhart interview in the Issue 205 of Play magazine ?

Ian Dransfield, staff writer on Play mag

Just had an early copy of issue 205 wrenched from my hands, halfway through reading the brilliant Feargus Urquhart interview. Dammit.

EDIT: IGDA Orange County

We're targeting our first reboot meeting for Tuesday, May 31 6:30pm at Obsidian Entertainment!

EDIT 2: GOG forum - ask Obsidian Entertainment a question

Edited by funcroc

• 2 weeks later...
Nightmare Mode
We have an interview with Chris Avellone, lead gameplay designer behind New Vegas & Planescape Torment. Anything you guys want to know?

It's amazing that stuff like this still happens today. I mean.... Where the hell is Chris refrenced as Lead Gameplay Designer?