New MCA blog post: On Project Directors and Lead Designers

funcroc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Bump!

So Funcroc, who's this guy?

He's apparently the Project Director on Mustang's new project

...god, I feel like a stalker. And not one of those with gas masks either.

LOL

It's what happens when you observe and research. I know I've felt that way once or twice.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

• 4 weeks later...

I will ignore all four pages of thread here and just ask if Chris Parker got ****canned for mucking up Alpha Protocol?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

No? There's no proof that he did that in the first place, after all (and actually, I remember that Jason Brandon had a high opinion of the guy).

Alexander Brandon

Also not just him. Patrick Mills also defended Parker on SA

All I can say is that the guy who posted that anonymous bull**** on gamespot or wherever about how everyone hated Chris Parker and the project in general is talking out his rear end.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthrea...mp;userid=19836

Edited by C2B

No? There's no proof that he did that in the first place, after all (and actually, I remember that Jason Brandon had a high opinion of the guy).

And not to mention Chris is one of the owners of the company.

People really shouldn't take rumours posted by some anonymous poster all that seriously. Sure it's nice to speculate, but since the gaming business has been and will be pretty much quiet about what's happening before, during and after production we won't know for sure until all the NDA's are cleared and someone who has quit the industry comes forward and spills the beans on what really went on.

Hate the living, love the dead.

They might say its all bull**** and so on, but it sounded exactly like the kind of bitter complaining you get from low-level guys working on a game that fails. And given how the game failed spectacularly to live up to the expectations, I believe the anonymous employee more than the OE brass.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

They might say its all bull**** and so on, but it sounded exactly like the kind of bitter complaining you get from low-level guys working on a game that fails. And given how the game failed spectacularly to live up to the expectations, I believe the anonymous employee more than the OE brass.

People that left the company (one of them bitter because they didn't even send him a promo copy of the game) are hardly Obsidz brass, Kaftan.

People that left the company (one of them bitter because they didn't even send him a promo copy of the game) are hardly Obsidz brass, Kaftan.

I wouldn't say he was THAT bitter by it.

But lets see. Who should one trust more?

- Two ex Obsidian employees who own the company nothing.

- Some anonymous guy who claims he was a obsidian employee and insults the company and the game right on release which probably both hurts sales and the image of the company. Therefore also damaging said companys employees which in turn also means his former team members he apparently speaks for?

Yeah, I have a hard time choosing two and not be happy that the guy got kicked if he ever was really working for Obsidian.