Fallout: New Vegas

Gorth

By now, I think the Fallout 2 one is a different. On the 6 years old photo, it's a bit smaller than the Fallout 1 image. On the new photo above, the Fallout 2 image looks bigger or at least the same size than the Fallout 1 post.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Meh, still no update on Finland. Doesn't Bethesda want my money?

Are you by any chance close to a GameStop? I ventured there after I noticed that I waited too long to preorder it from CDON and their entire PC CE stock was reserved. It'd seem they're pretty sure over at GS that they'll be getting the CE(s) as well and you can place a preorder for it there.

Picked up @GAMER today. No new info, but new screens. Bunch of ghouls in science!-type spacesuits in front of some rockets, bunch of cazadors in front of air mill farm. Some more shots with ghouls(including a dialog with what looks like a glowing one) and a shot of an open desert.

I'm sure you'll be able to find scans online in few days

Are you by any chance close to a GameStop? I ventured there after I noticed that I waited too long to preorder it from CDON and their entire PC CE stock was reserved. It'd seem they're pretty sure over at GS that they'll be getting the CE(s) as well and you can place a preorder for it there.

CDON actually had a stock for PC? Yeah, there's a gamestop nearby. Guess I should go ask them what kinda rip-off price they want for it.

Hate the living, love the dead.

It all depends on how it is made up. If the ghouls want to travel into space for lulz, it's super ****ty. It has to have some sense behind their actions.

But yeah, to me this somehow increased the "Fallout 3 crowded feelings" again. Such space traveling stuff sounds so big and then this all is crowded in the small New Vegas area. It has a feeling of too much is pressed into a small area. I mean, I don't know how it will look in the game later, but that's what I think about it right now...

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

i kinda liked how they would comment on that stuff, though it got annoying after a while, maybe the best answer was just making it happen rarely instead of everytime?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

From Josh at the Something Awful forums : BTW: "NPCs in New Vegas do not comment on you looking at owned/locked objects, nor do they comment on you knocking over objects in the environment."

Nice. That was one of those ideas that probably sounded better in Bethie's FO3 developer meetings than it actually turned out to be when implemented.

Repeating the same vo lines excessively is almost always problematic. Better to say nothign at all instead.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

New blog post by MCA

How do you choose who writes each (major) character in a game, also who's allowed to do any writing?

Depends, sometimes it's just necessity (you have the most bandwidth, so you do X person, or you're already doing the main city where the character resides, so it's best if you write Y antagonist), other times we're able to purposely assign folks with skill sets to characters (which Josh did on Fallout New Vegas). For Fallout New Vegas, Josh broke down the companion personalities and assigned them to designer he felt showed strengths in those character backgrounds - for example, understanding of certain psychological conditions, or (in my case) because I'd written the father of one of the companions, or because the person has a fluid storytelling style (Travis Stout, which is only one of his strengths), which makes him great for characters with campfire stories to share.