Fallout: New Vegas

Gorth

The way it looked and ran kinda reminded me of a cross between a gecko, and a frilled lizard.

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes

How can he choose chocolate? :x

Edit: 60 hours and 30 quests solved... not too shabby :wub:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

For anyone who doesn't understand german, Lexx from No Mutants Allowed points out some interesting stuff :iamgamer.de talked with Sawyer on the GamesCom. While most of the stuff in the interview is already known, there are some interesting little infoparts to get: Sawyer says, you hear in New Vegas about Redding, Gecko and Klamath. Also Crimson Caravan are named once again and the army of the master.

In a later question, Sawyer talks about how he is working for Caesar's Legion in the moment or at least the legion thinks that he is working for them. Instead, he just wants to earn reputation points with them.

Another example: He was liked by the NCR, then one of his companions asked him to cause damage to some group that is related close to the NCR. He has done it and then the NCR rangers wanted to get him down. When the NCR rangers got him, he got the choice to either "make good" again with the NCR or to get beaten up like never before.

He also said that it's hard to reach the level cap 30. Right now, he played approx 60 hours, made 30 quests and is level 23. He still has a lot quests possible to do, to level up though.

/Edit: And he talked about difficult setting in various areas. He explains, that they have areas with fixed difficult and areas, where it is a bit variable. There are areas, where you get beaten up very fast, even if you are level 20 and have good gear. As example for the difficult rate, he names the Sierra Army Depot from Fallout 2: If you go there right in the beginning of the game, you have no chance. If you level up a bit first, you will have at least a little chance and if you are level 20, you simply roll over it. Some areas in New Vegas will feel like that.

man, Sierra Army Depot was my fav location in the whole series. thanks for the translation

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

The CrispyGamer preview is particularly enjoyable to read. I recommend reading that one over most others.
Note that it too spoils the shooter.

It's in the cinematic intro anyway. Most of the previews that describe that part of the game will probably spoil it.

P.S. : Note that even Chris Avellone talked about his appearance in an interview.

This one was refreshingly honest. Not negative.

Let's be honest: Fallout NV is going to be MOTS. Big Time.

For me, personally, MOTS Fallout 3 plus some cool additions still make it potentially the best game to be released in several years. But overhyping will just lead to the inevitable backlash.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.