Fallout: New Vegas

Gorth

Start of old thread

End of old thread

Umm, never played Fallout 3. I'll just go back to my cave and lurk...

Edit: As somebody was in the middle of saying when I slammed the door shut on the old thread:

The music was one of the few things about Arcanum that I really enjoyed.

I did hear some of what I suspect was a solo violin playing minor-key stuff. Some solo fiddle would fit in with the "western" angle they're going for in New Vegas, but I wouldn't say the same about the string quartet chamber music that was featured in Arcanum. That said, the two would sound pretty much the same if you can only hear the lead voicing, and it's tough to hear much more than that on such a poor-quality recording.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

As did I, and I hope the current music is up to par whit the originals. Though knowing Inons work, I doubt it'll be anything but forgettable, no offence to inoon should he read these forums.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Stupid idiots, just running around, gunning down everything. No wonder that Fallout is today what it is.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

November 16th release date? All this time I was thinking it was October 16th. :nuke:

Weird. I just checked Gamespot and they list it as October 19th ...

Edited by GhostofAnakin

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

maybe it's both? NA and EU? but I think I saw October everywhere

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

One thing I was a little disappointed with, was hearing that a significant portion of the dialogue lines were just variations of other ones (depending on gender) This makes sense, but upon first reading the "65,000 lines" or whatever I was expecting a monolithic story with plenty of side missions. I mean I'm sure I'll get my money's worth simply by replaying it, so no big deal I suppose. This mini-complaint probably even doesn't make sense. It doesn't matter anyway as I still have the CE pre-ordered.

*purring noises*

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.