Company of Heroes Online

Eh, people get killed in car crashes every day. Hardly horrific. interesting that the passenger could be charged with homicide as well.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

said passenger was the one that steered the car into the other vehicle, as I understand

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Ahh ok, read a different article and missed that detail. My mistake.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I wouldn't even need that detail. Being in the car with a drunk driver could be considered accessory.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

• 4 weeks later...

so the internet was down and I couldn't play. fixed the connection today, COHO tried to patch itself and suddenly told me I've run out of disk space! turns out the patch weights 6 and a half gigs. that's like a whole new game :ermm: and I don't have any partitions bigger than 25 GB, the game already weights 15... I guess what I'm trying to say is: they're insane! :ermm:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I've been playing as a Wehr (Blitz) Commander, I'm now level 25 which is where you start unlocking pretty decent army items and hero units. But I'm on a six-game losing streak against endless swarms of infantry and ranger blobs, engie spam, MG nest sim cities and all the other US tricks that give them crucial early game advantage.

So I've made a US (Infantry) Commander, concentrating on Rangers and Infantry Attrition. Inf. Attrition basically replaces units killed in battle immediately at your base, it allows you to pile-drive human waves of seriously tooled up ranger spam into the enemy. And my rangers are now pretty buff, can throw grenades, have cheap SMGs, are difficult to suppress. I'm destroying Wehr commanders of higher levels without even cranking out a tank.

Am I really good? Not really, although poorly micro'd ranger spam is definitely vulnerable. But there's a balance issue here.

Still, there are more Wehr player so maybe it's that my playing style is more geared to USA than Wehr.

sonsofgygax.JPG

what kinda scares me is that blitz commanders don't have access to units at the start, you need to upgrade 3 times :sorcerer: kinda sucked on my first vs game. the american commander just took 2 out of 3 key spots and brought me down to 200 points, before I could finally build a tank and launch a counter attack. blitz wasn't meant to be used for a rush tactic I suppose, but the gap sure makes me wonder... guess the game does suffer from some balance issues

Walsingham said:

Blitz is good but you have to choose the right commander abilities - infantry scavenge is surprisingly good because it allows an early MG to harvest MP so you can... spam more infantry units. By the time your mortars and nebs are included and you are taking out enemy blobs you start earning serious MP and even munis. I've invested a lot of points in it, it also allows you to build a low fuel strategy which is useful if your opponents are going rifle / ranger spam. They sprint over the horizon expecting to bash up your armour but instead face MGs mortars and MP44 armed stormies who are stealthed up and using bundled grenades. I've also got rockets, which are good for area denial on VPs (I've got aftershock x 2).

I made a mistake and invested in heavy armour support, OK I can summon a Tiger, StuG and Ostwind for 1600MP but it's a late game gambit and the Tiger, even buffed, is difficult to micro and inevitably hits pershings, RR armed paras and (yes) elite rangers. Against less skilled players it can be a win button, though.

My Blitz strategy is usually - MG / Volks / MG / Volks ... Straight to T3 and a quick puma. The up-gunned puma is ideal for taking out the inevitable early Greyhound. By this point I'm fielding stormies so I didn't need to go T2, they've got 'shreks and stealthed up make short work of Greyhounds and halfies. By this time I've gone StuG x1 and a Neb then start building T4 for armour.

The problem is 3x3 when you get an American combined-arms team and you get overrun by superb Ab and ranger infantry. Engie spam is also endemic.

I've tried Terror and Defence but I like to get up close and fast in the enemy half of the map, blitz for my money is the best for that. In a 3x3 two blitz and a defence commander work well too.

sonsofgygax.JPG

My Blitz strategy is usually - MG / Volks / MG / Volks ... Straight to T3 and a quick puma.

yeah, that's how I did it, but still when 1x1 vs infantry, it's very intense :sorcerer:

Walsingham said: