Any word on the patch?

What? That I don't understand. KOTOR2 and NWN2 were way way way way buggier than AP ever was. And honestly giving out different versions of patches and adjusting the DRM etc and looking that it works with every version. Isn't that kinda Segas job?

KOTOR2 and NWN2 were better games out the box and though both suffered from a number of bugs, Obsidian was quick to release fixes and patches. The release now and fix later approach is so prevalent that it's pretty much become an industry standard unfortunately. That doesn't excuse the practice however. But when a company releases a game which is not only bugged, but encumbered with any number of other issues, hardly communicate even with their own community, and then release a minimal patch that apparently breaks all non-US versions of the game...then that is bringing that standard to a new low. The responsibility may or may not lie with Sega, but it reflects poorly on both.

That's opinion. As for the rest well..... I don't really agree but I see the point and it certainly hurts the image.

Edit: Just to add. KOTOR1 better game aside from the bugs out of the box. Yes NWN2. No way in hell.

Edited by C2B

You call 4 months for 1.0b which introduced a gamebreaking bug and 9 months for the music/movie patches quick?

What the hell are you SMOKING?

Also I find it funny many people hammer on AP for combat and bugs, and then praise Vampire: Bloodlines. Guess which of the 2 has the worse combat and loads more bugs? Exactly.

I am not going to say Vampire is bad (I don't think that... AT ALL) but you cannot say it's combat didn't suck or it shipped with a gazillion issues.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Not good enough, I need Seraphael's stuff.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

You call 4 months for 1.0b which introduced a gamebreaking bug and 9 months for the music/movie patches quick?

What the hell are you SMOKING?

A minor fix was released shortly after release. 1.0b was released 2 months, not 4, after the release. I had no issue with bugs in the game as far as I can recall, guess I was enjoying my game and not searching the forums for bugs. It took close to 4 months before a gamebreaking patch (for non-US versions) was released for Alpha Protocol. What's your point? :p

Also I find it funny many people hammer on AP for combat and bugs, and then praise Vampire: Bloodlines. Guess which of the 2 has the worse combat and loads more bugs? Exactly.

I am not going to say Vampire is bad (I don't think that... AT ALL) but you cannot say it's combat didn't suck or it shipped with a gazillion issues.

Guess which of the 2 was released five and a half years before the other? AFAIK Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines was the first RPG to introduce the FPS-style combat (3 years before Mass Effect). For it's time it was also more advanced than Alpha Project. Bugs were to be expected. The financial situation of Troika was catastrophic and the employees were laid off, despite this they continued to work without pay on a patch that came out about a month after the game was released. You're probably smoking something dire yourself if you see anything even remotely resembling that kind of dedication to support Alpha Project. Which leads me back to my question above; what's your point beyond playing an internet tough guy (which invariably are punks)?

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Guess which of the 2 was released five and a half years before the other? AFAIK Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines was the first RPG to introduce the FPS-style combat (3 years before Mass Effect). For it's time it was also more advanced than Alpha Project.

Usually I keep myself far away from these discussions but this ahahah. It's just laughable. Seriously.

Vampire : Bloodlines copied practically every mechanic from Deus Ex. There was nothing innovative about it. It was, except for the combat mechanics (which were quite frankly atrocious) a well-realized game with great writing and atrocious coding. It's well-remembered because the storyline was great, the characters memorable and you really had the possibility of playing the character you wanted to play (well, for the first 3/4 of the game at least, then it's all combat).

That's it. But innovative? No, no, no.

A minor fix was released shortly after release.

That was the readme in PDF. That's... a pretty meager fix, no?

1.0b was released 2 months, not 4, after the release.

*checks* 2 months, huh... Well, okay I guess was wrong here.

I had no issue with bugs in the game as far as I can recall

And I did, and not with AP. But I suppose your opinion is worth more than mine right?

guess I was enjoying my game and not searching the forums for bugs.

Which you did for AP, then came to the conclusion that AP has to be bugged despite not finding any yourself or something? I don't get where you're going here, who the hell is searching forums for bugs but devs trying to fix stuff? :p

It took close to 4 months before a gamebreaking patch (for non-US versions) was released for Alpha Protocol. What's your point? -_-

Obsidian's support still sucks as much as ever.

Guess which of the 2 was released five and a half years before the other?

Deus Ex? :D

AFAIK Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines was the first RPG to introduce the FPS-style combat

Deus Ex? Oh wait, no... System Shock! Actually you probably can find one before that if you're way older than me :).

For it's time it was also more advanced than Alpha Project. Bugs were to be expected.

Kind of like with an Obsidan product, don't you think? But it was relatively low compared to, say, KOTOR2.

To be continued below (quote box limit? Darn)

^

despite this they continued to work without pay on a patch that came out about a month after the game was released.

Funny. I thought they took some poor modders work and plastered their name on it. Or do you mean that guy with "they"?

You're probably smoking something dire yourself if you see anything even remotely resembling that kind of dedication to support Alpha Project.

Apparently. Also see above.

Which leads me back to my question above; what's your point beyond playing an internet tough guy (which invariably are punks)?

That KOTOR2 was more bugridden out of the box, and was neglected much harder. Can't speak for NWN2 cause I haven't played it. And besides AP OE hasn't released anything yet so far else to base upon.

Also, I am a punk... :p

^

Guess which of the 2 was released five and a half years before the other? AFAIK Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines was the first RPG to introduce the FPS-style combat (3 years before Mass Effect). For it's time it was also more advanced than Alpha Project.

Usually I keep myself far away from these discussions but this ahahah. It's just laughable. Seriously.

Read, think, then post next time. I did state AFAIK (as far as I know), meaning I not only spoke subjectively but also clearly left room for being mistaken, did I not? Yet it is apparently "ahahah, just laughable"? Seriously, get over yourself.

Also, I am a punk... :thumbsup:

*looks at the 2-post quotation assault.* An anal punk at that. Nasty stuff really. ;)

Edited by Seraphael

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.