Any word on the patch?

Does anyone know when the patch is coming? I've heard nothing of the patch since the announcement. I'm holding back my next replay until the patch comes out to see what they fix

Unfortunately nothing. I would even prefer SEGA coming out and outright saying there won't be a patch since that's what I suspect instead what we get is.. deafening silence. :sorcerer:

And +1.

Already finished 4 times, but I want to see how it would play after some balance tweaks etc.

*waiting*

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I haven't even played this yet, still sitting in the game drawer waiting for them to patch it. But I am starting to suspect that the patch is so much vaporware and they pretty much lied about it. If they don't patch it in the least, I will never touch anything that has to do with SEGA, ever. Really really disappointed with SEGA on this...Obsidian I don't blame you guys but please never ever deal with SEGA again or I may lose faith in you as well.

I think ther's a huge number of players who, like you, are waiting a patch in order to buy and play the game...maybe the obsidian would earn many more moneys after the release of the patch...

And I say from some weeks: "..and also the release of an Expantion Pack, maybe?" XD

I've been waiting longer for other patches, including (but not limited to) KOTOR2.

EDIT: Of course I rather hope the AP patch is made better than that thing.

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

I think ther's a huge number of players who, like you, are waiting a patch in order to buy and play the game...maybe the obsidian would earn many more moneys after the release of the patch...

Even thougth Obsidian developed it, AP is the IP of Sega and only they are in charge to order a patch from Obsidian. Feargus said at E3 he wanted to release a patch shortly after the first issues from reviewers and players arrived, but SEGA still wanted to wait. I guess as the sales were way below their expectation, they drop any further plans inversting any money which includes expansions and patches.

My guess is they dropped more money on AP as they indended to in the first place (and therefore killing other projects like the Aliens RPG), but if I were the one who pull the trigger on Sega i would

1. Make some sort of a big patch/expansion for free

2. Bundle the patch/expansion with a lower pricetag and call it AP 1.5 (or something)

3. Release it again to reviewers

I think this can save SEGA's (and Obsidians) reputation and their Alpha Protocol brand which would do great as a series.

There won't be a patch guys, time to move on. Play it now or die waiting.

As far as we know, they're still working on the patch since they haven't said pubblicly they're working on it no longer

LOL...as if they would actually tell us that they scrapped it. Sorry but I have no doubts that they would instead just not say anything and just hope that everyone forgets over time. Really, the statement that there would be no DLC or sequel was dropped so fast it was them in essence letting the game die that fast. I would be extremely suprised if there ever ends up being a patch. Just sayin'...

I agree with you

If the reviewers were to stupid to handle the combat system the first time around, a patch wont fix that.

Only "patched reviewers" would :rolleyes:

^

Hmm, i cannot help but be amused by this predictament - I wasn't aware alpha protocol was so close to release when it first came to my attention, and this is an idea that could be developed quite throughly.

So...

I would say it is a bit peculiar that you are already bemoaning the lack of patch...

Wasn't there a time when games worked perfectly as you bought them in the shelves?

'95..... :o

What ever happened after that point?

I mean, Baldur's Gate II was like the last completely playable game without patch.

Could go on like this for a while but then you'll soon be regretting the fact that i had to live without internet for a while :)

A high lore skill will automatically identify a magical item as it enters your inventory.

I agree with you

If the reviewers were to stupid to handle the combat system the first time around, a patch wont fix that.

Only "patched reviewers" would :o

Oh, come on. Combat definately had some ankward features, like having to take a moment to aim if you want to hit where you aim that isn

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Wasn't there a time when games worked perfectly as you bought them in the shelves?

'95..... :o

What ever happened after that point?

I think the only thing what changes between today and 80/90 was the easier patch delivery thru autoupdate/Internet. Games from earlier era were bug ridden too, from the 90's i remember a prominent soccer manager which were practical unplayable on most computers before a patch arrived...update via floppy disk...to get from the store.

In 1995 i bought "Aliens: A Comic Book Adventure" without patch impossible to play through. I didn't have internet back then. I got my patch over a bbs mailbox.

But even simpler games from the 80's lacked quality control, just watch some AVGN videos.

Oh, come on. Combat definately had some ankward features, like having to take a moment to aim if you want to hit where you aim that isn

^

Went through this same thing with the last Sega game I purchased - Stormrise. A patch was promised but never arrived and it finally took a forum moderator to find out that it wasn't coming weeks later. I expect the same thing from Alpha Protocol.

• 2 weeks later...