Dungeon Siege 3 at GamesCom 2010

Does someone here (community or developers) know, where exactly Obsidian will be located?

Hallnumber and/or number of the booth/stall?

I personally would wait for an official announcement. For now it appears (unless I missed some info) that the only place where Obsidian's presence was 'announced' was Nathaniel's facebook page.

OK. But I'll be there in each case. Just wanted to know where to go b/c the halls are huge (and hopefully empty on wednesday, 18th) :D

Oh yeah, but I'm pretty sure there will be a booth, I don't think the lead designer would write something like that if he didn't receive confirmation. We'll probably have some more details about the halls/booth soon anyway. :shifty:

I think it will be at the Squeenix booth. It was also the case with Supreme Commander 2, the last Gamescom.

Reasons why Dungeon Siege is NOT a Diablo clone:

- DS has multicharacter parties.

- DS doesn't have boring pre-defined classes, but the players develop the characters.

- DS has packmules!

- DS has a huge map without any loading bars between areas, even when teleporting!

- DS has 10.000+ spells, and even more items!

Who else is going? Im going 1 day, I think the sunday (last day). The booth im going to is the Squeenix booth offcourse, or the Obsidian booth if DS3 is there. Guild Wars 2 will also be playable on the gamescom.

- DS doesn't have boring pre-defined classes, but the players develop the characters.

- DS has packmules!

- DS has a huge map without any loading bars between areas, even when teleporting!

PR: Square Enix' GamesCom 2010 line-up

The stand boasts an enclosed 50 seat cinema for scheduled presentations of FINAL FANTASY XIV and the first public showing of DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION...

...Games playable on the show floor include: FINAL FANTASY: THE 4 HEROES OF LIGHT; FINAL FANTASY XIV; FRONT MISSION EVOLVED; KANE & LYNCH 2: DOG DAYS; KINGDOM HEARTS Birth By Sleep and LARA CROFT AND THE GUARDIAN OF LIGHT .

To experience the latest titles from Square Enix first-hand, visit booth B54 in Hall 6 of GamesCom 2010.

No DS3 on the list. Probably behind-closed-doors presentation this time again.

Just saw Square Enix's line-up, no DS3 :p

- DS has packmules!

I still can't believe we have a few Dungeon Siege fans onboard now. I must admit, that's one of the last things I'd ever thought I'd find on Obsidian's boards.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Hey, I never thought I would find Dungeon Siege fans that are just as cynical and grumpy as die-hard Fallout fans, yet here they are :)

Oh. My. God.

It's like I've entered some sort of bizarro-world where everything I know has been twisted 180 degrees! From the comments on the link Sannom provided:

Sai says:

July 7, 2010 at 9:36 pm

What Obsidian are making is Gothic 3.5

1) Too many dialogues/Complex descision making

2) Light/Heavy attack patters

3) Over the shoulder camera

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

After playing the demo, this is a definite buy. Now I need to decide on PC or PS3, I usually like the controller for these sandbox action games, but it does look great on my computer.

There are some pretty big changes so the fanbase was bound to be disgruntled sooner or later.

Still, unfortunately DSIII won't be similar to Gothic. :)