OpenOffice formatting question

Walsingham

I've been experimenting with a new format for my presentations, and I want to use a project logo at the bottom of each page. However, at the moment, being an imbecile, I'm simply pasting in a logo on every page, and of course every time I edit anything the logos ALL move. Is there a master template or something which I could create, like in PowerPoint? If so, how?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Have you tried switching it off and on?

:ermm: Bastard.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

There's no watermark function, like in Word?

I'vebeen looking for one, but the only thing I can find is an option to make an image into a watermark style. I can't find a way to watermark every page.

-Elwood Blues

I'vebeen looking for one, but the only thing I can find is an option to make an image into a watermark style. I can't find a way to watermark every page.

I'm thinking you might have to do a slide template that with the watermark and repeat that. I HAD to use openorifice when I was working for the ministry of justice and there's no way it's coming back on my computer for me to check. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I'm thinking you might have to do a slide template that with the watermark and repeat that. I HAD to use openorifice when I was working for the ministry of justice and there's no way it's coming back on my computer for me to check. :)

I find this reaction interesting as OpenOffice is one of my favourite pieces of software and I would certainly choose it over Microsoft's solution for my purposes.

I find this reaction interesting as OpenOffice is one of my favourite pieces of software and I would certainly choose it over Microsoft's solution for my purposes.

All I know is that I was unable to get two pages of text on the screen at the same time. It's been a while, so it might have been fixed since (or the "government approved" version could have been ancient. This was in... '07... The experiences were overall negative, possibly related to the overall work experience :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Whoah, hold on. I'm not knocking Openoffice in general because on a cost performance scale it does rather well. As in IT'S GODDAMN FREE.

Plus I expect the option is in there somewhere I just can't find it.

-Elwood Blues

Go to "View"->"Master"->"Slide Master" and add your watermark there.

Trying it now...

EDIT: You must be thinking of the presentation package. I'm talking about documents.

I've had some success using a footer for every page. I put the logo in one footer and it turns up on every page. I can also put a background colour in the footer which looks rather nice.

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

Trying it now...

EDIT: You must be thinking of the presentation package. I'm talking about documents.

I've had some success using a footer for every page. I put the logo in one footer and it turns up on every page. I can also put a background colour in the footer which looks rather nice.

You can add a background picture to all pages when you go to "Format"->"Page"->"Background".

Unfortunately, this only allows pictures to be placed in the center or a corner,

Trying it now...

You can add a background picture to all pages when you go to "Format"->"Page"->"Background".

Unfortunately, this only allows pictures to be placed in the center or a corner,

Aha. Ingenious. Thanks. :)

-Elwood Blues