RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!, just a dumping ground

DA2 trailer looked pathetic.

I liked the fact that they showed glimpses of the story (though it also made it look like they've already decided how it will go and be much more linear.. of course it won't be like that, right Bioware?), but it looked too generic.

And somehow the Qunari now are beasts, apparently. I mean, I like the new look, but why is it necessary to make that Qunari warrior act like he was a demon? Meh.

Strange they don't port ME1 to PS3. Both would easily fit on a Blu-Ray Disc.

Rights question, obviously. Now the interesting part is going to be if there's some INTERESTING way to set the major variables for ME2 (or even an uninteresting one). Interesting might be some sort of abbreviated "flashback" ME1 played either before the Lazarus station or on the Kodiak, going through the critical NPCs and major decisions (basically Noveria -> Virmire -> Ilos -> Citadel), or if it's going to be just a dialogue on the Kodiak, or, worst case scenario, just being locked to the defaults.

The rumors of Mass Effect: Genesis might suggest that we'd get an XBLA/PSN minigame that would allow to do the quick version of ME1 on the ME2 engine...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I already have ME2 for the PC. I do like games on the PS3 though, but if they are going to release ME2 for the PS3, let them have some way of having ME1 for the PS3 as well, preferably in the same bundle.

Or have SOME incentive for people who already own (for PC or Xbox360) it to get it again for their PS3.

Edited by greylord

LMAO at the EPIC whining taking place at the Bio forums. Just can't understand it on any level.

Yeah it's sad. But still gives a good laugh.

Fable III hands-on

The series' creative director, Peter Molyneux, planned it this way. With Fable III, he's even going so far as to toss in an achievement for players who don't mind keeping the renegade chickens as travelling companions on all their adventures.

Pre-ordered.

Epic.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

LMAO at the EPIC whining taking place at the Bio forums. Just can't understand it on any level.

Yeah it's sad. But still gives a good laugh.

Mmh, I think it does paint a kind of a sad picture. On how important the exclusivity of Mass Effect was to the console warriors and how many of them there were in the ME section of the Bio boards. Especially disturbing on the facebook page, where you can see from the profile pictures that most of the loonies would appear to be, in fact, over 16... ;)

The major point of interest here is going to be how the missing ME1 is handled for PS3ers. I'd like to think the Bioware have something planned, but if I were to make my judgment based on the PS3 port of DAO, it might be wishful thinking on my part...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

So far there hasn't been announced anything new on this gamescom.

I thought maybe Sega would show something to Aliens: Colonial Marines or maybe Monolith would announce her new project, but noooo..... All we get is that E3 stuff that we already know.

It's your own fault, who gets excited for gamescom? Pfft

It's E3 for the 3 Europeans who still don't have internet.

TGS will have some new stuff probably and they'll be showing off The Last Guardian.

Edited by Purkake

Pretty amazing article: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/29983/G..._Weaknesses.php

My favorite quote:

"Game design is not about game design anymore -- now it's about business," said Blue Byte executive producer Christopher Schmitz. "We do exploit them, but they should not feel like they're treated in a bad way," he added. If they do, then players will dislike the developer.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Pretty amazing article: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/29983/G..._Weaknesses.php

My favorite quote:

"Game design is not about game design anymore -- now it's about business," said Blue Byte executive producer Christopher Schmitz. "We do exploit them, but they should not feel like they're treated in a bad way," he added. If they do, then players will dislike the developer.

That is absolutely true. Financial realities make sure that certain design choices just can't be done. Actually since more and more design choices go the the"no no" category, soon there might be only "the one correct way

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

I think we are on the verge of seeing some very very cool indie/smaller budget games.

already there have been a few successes, world of goo, braid, torchlight, shadow complex etc

I'm eagerly awaiting an influx of awesome indie rpgs that prove you don't always need shiny to make something awesome. Tim shaefers halloween rpg type game with the kids and the costumes looks very promising, i'm sure some other stuff is gonna be sizzle too.

maybe a demons souls 2? that game was great but it also had plenty of room for improvements (i also dont know what the budget was like on that game)

i think the next few years are going to really interesting. (not so much the AAA titles, I think those will continue on the path they are now, each one becoming more and more similar to eachother until all AAA games will be a mix between CoD, gta, bioshock, and mass effect.)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.