RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!, just a dumping ground

Jedi Master Bastila Shan xDD Yeah she was such a paragon of wisdom and self control.

All it takes is character level ~15. We all took her that far :thumbsup:

Uh-uh-uh! The narrator calls her a master during Malak's attack on Revan's flagship, when she's still lvl 1. :p

Well, he doesn't really specify that she was a Jedi master at the time, if (and as) she became a famous jedi master later on, the narrator could be just specifying that yes, indeed, this was the very same Jedi master Bastila Shan who became an important figure later on in the order. :p

It's fun to see that even though lucasarts locked the Revan canon (male, light-side ending, saved Bastila), Bioware's avoiding it as much as they can, no specifics of Revan's gender etc. in the trailer...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I find it quite ridicolous that Revan suddenly is taller than Malak. Wasn't he something in the vein of 210cm?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I find it quite ridicolous that Revan suddenly is taller than Malak. Wasn't he something in the vein of 210cm?

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Retcon."

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Todd Howard working on two new games

Bethesda Game Studios is already designing the game it will make after the one the team is currently working on - which itself has yet to be announced, executive producer Todd Howard has told Eurogamer.

While the majority of Bethesda's 90 or so staff are beavering away on the new game, which has been in development for two years, Howard said his time is split between the two projects.

"I spend a lot of my time on the game that's in pre-production, but the new game that's percolating takes the most of my time," he said in an interview with Eurogamer at QuakeCon.

Asked to confirm that he meant he was working on a second unannounced game, he said: "Right, so we're in production on the new game, and we have a design going for the one after that."

Howard said that the studio's current title will be announced soon, but he can't say exactly when. "I have a sense but we're not ready even to talk about [the timing of the announcement], because it might change. I don't want to disappoint people.

"One thing I can say is that from when you first hear about it to when it's out will be the shortest it's been for us. It's pretty far along. When we show it, we want to show a lot, because there's a lot of game there to play right now.

"You know, if [global VP of PR and marketing] Pete Hines came in and said, 'I want you to show it,' I'd be like, 'Okay, I'm ready to show it.' But we've just decided for now not to yet."

Howard wouldn't be drawn on many details about the game - thought to be a new Elder Scrolls title - but said the technology was derived from the engine that powered Fallout 3, albeit with significant modifications.

/facepalm

If leveling up is the most exciting thing about your game..

I thought it was decorating your house.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I think we've had this rumor or a variation of it before every single gaming event ever since ME1 came out. Still, would be neat if it happened, I could mostly retire the 'screamer', as it's only used for ME games...

I think we've had this rumor or a variation of it before every single gaming event ever since ME1 came out. Still, would be neat if it happened, I could mostly retire the 'screamer', as it's only used for ME games...

I know Nep, but I found it funny how for some reason, Buck from GameBanshee decided to give credit to this rumor and publish it on the news.

I know Nep, but I found it funny how for some reason, Buck from GameBanshee decided to give credit to this rumor and publish it on the news.

Yeah, I have to say there's some stuff in the rumor mill this time that does make it actually credible for the first time (ME1-2 George Lucas'd together to circumvent exclusivities). Well, we could be wiser in ~2 hours...