RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!, just a dumping ground

Maybe it's the resolution but I found the interface to be terrible, especially the POP/goods icons which seem indistinguishable without considerable eyestrain.

It

That's why more licensable engines is a nice thing.

Id Tech 5 engine no longer up for external licensing :nuke:

Damn jealous Bethesda/Zenimax dooming us to many more years of UE3. Maybe someone should buy them out :(

As a big fan of id & their engines I'm very disapointed. That said, its not like there were a lot of licensees for their last engine. The only game not co/developed by id was Prey.

TOR Jedi class trailer Is that... a sith Tali? Also yay for kicking people from the floaty-thingy into the worm-in-the-sand, maybe we can also free a hybernated prisoner from a hutt, or lift a d-wing out of a swamp or..

Timeline trailer 8 Jedi Master Bastila Shan xDD Yeah she was such a paragon of wisdom and self control.

Timeline trailer 9

Jedi Master Bastila Shan xDD Yeah she was such a paragon of wisdom and self control.

All it takes is character level ~15. We all took her that far :nuke:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Jedi Master Bastila Shan xDD Yeah she was such a paragon of wisdom and self control.

All it takes is character level ~15. We all took her that far :nuke:

Uh-uh-uh! The narrator calls her a master during Malak's attack on Revan's flagship, when she's still lvl 1. :(

X-Com creator working on a 3DS turn-based tactical rpg(via GAF):

Publishers run a mile from anything with turn-based mechanics - it is regarded as too niche. RTS games pretty much killed off turn-based strategy games in the mid-90s - but now even RTS games are regarded as niche. So all my experience working turn-based games from 1983-1997 is now somewhat obsolete, despite the success of X-Com. However, I am now working on a turn-based tactical RPG which will be a 3DS launch title. Thanks to 'Advance Wars', 'Fire Emblem' and 'Final Fantasy Tactics' it seems turn-based games are not totally dead - at least for Nintendo handhelds. I would also argue that Pokemon has a lot of parallels with X-Com in its game system, despite being classified as an 'RPG'. The core of Pokemon is a turn-based tactical battle enriched by a sophisticated higher level meta-game that allows players to experiment with many game elements and combinations of forces - and Pokemon is the second most successful game franchise in the world. If done right, would an X-Com game with a turn-based combat system be successful? Absolutely!
Edited by Purkake

STALKER 2 is good news anyway.

it is. Of course the announcement that Funcroc linked to said absolutely nothing about where it's headed next. One can always hope, at least for a while ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Just seen this little baby on on GamersGate.

Star Ruler ;)

Official website

Forums

Good space 4x games are few and far between.

Damn you for getting my hopes up :o

Yet another RTS game.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I just stumbled over this game today, Spec Ops: The Line, and I like what I see. Normally I'm not so much into military shooters but the Dubai backdrop and the Apokalypse Now plot similarities stirred my interest.

Hope this doesn't end up like Gears of War though.

It's funny how Apocalypse Now has become more famous than Heart of Darkness...

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"