RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!, just a dumping ground

I imagine that siezing profits (which are future profits at this point) is a lot harder. You basically have to repeatedly check in to get them. Seizing the inventory can be done up front and you no longer have to deal with them.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Kotaku's rumor: Borderlands Studio Reviving Duke Nukem Forever
Gearbox Software president Randy Pitchford declined to comment to Kotaku on the matter, indicating that he may be able to better clarify the situation further at this year's Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle.

VG247 founder Patrick Garratt said it is true.

:o

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

A Message from Ken Levine
On Wednesday, August 11, we will be revealing Irrational Games

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

system shock 3

system shock 3

system shock 3

... if we all close our eyes and wish REALLY hard then it has to come true! right?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

ea likes money, maybe its a partnership thing?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Kotaku's rumor: Borderlands Studio Reviving Duke Nukem Forever
Gearbox Software president Randy Pitchford declined to comment to Kotaku on the matter, indicating that he may be able to better clarify the situation further at this year's Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle.

VG247 founder Patrick Garratt said it is true.

This is hilarious and awesome at the same time. If anyone can make a good Duke Nukem game and finish it, it's the Borderlands team.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Teaser for new Might & Magic (Ubisoft said they will announce a new strategy RPG for PC at gamescom)

Whoa, I'd love me a new HoMM. Shame their DRM will prevent me from getting it.

Edited by Undecaf

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Paradox's Victoria 2 Demo Out, game also out 13th

I'm wondering whether to get the game, I love EU but never tried HOI due to the scary UI (I have pretty high tolerance for games that look like accountants' workbooks, but that stuff is for wargamers) and the fact that I hate the time period. But I love the Victoria period! I just never got around to the first one.

Gorth? Anybody who can sell me this one? I'm short on bandwidth but I might get the demo.

Gorth? Anybody who can sell me this one? I'm short on bandwidth but I might get the demo.

I would say get the demo. The first one is awesome, but still an acquired taste. Sort of MS Excel with guns. Very high detail level. Haven't really had time to follow development of V2, but I'll get the demo myself first. HOI never appealed to me for some reason, but I was probably already spoiled rotten by the most excellent 'War in Russia' (freeware game).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Paradox's Victoria 2 Demo Out, game also out 13th

I'm wondering whether to get the game, I love EU but never tried HOI due to the scary UI (I have pretty high tolerance for games that look like accountants' workbooks, but that stuff is for wargamers) and the fact that I hate the time period. But I love the Victoria period! I just never got around to the first one.

Like every Paradox game, I'm pretty sure Victoria 2 is plagued with bugs as well. So I would wait for a patch or two before getting the game.

Hate the living, love the dead.