RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!, just a dumping ground

Was to be expected. Still pretty terrible, Radon Labs was a decent developer and the second game improved so much on the first.

Then again, it might turn out to be decent. Aventuria is a great setting, and TDE has some fun character classes to play with.

... assuming they get to work with the license.

CVG and the LA Times are reporting that Kotick has lost a very big legal battle over unpaid lawyer fees. The fees in question were to help Kotick and co settle a case where he sacked an employee for complaining about sexual harassment at one of his companies.

source

article links in thread @:

CVG

LA times

Oh Bobby, never change you little scamp you. :grin:

Is anyone else uncomfortable pre-ordering a game with that kind of bonus? I mean, it seems kind of... I don't know. The guys down at GAME are going to know about the bonus and what it is, so you're pre-ordering it and they assume you're getting it so that your two little avatars will get it on. That just screams awkward to me.

Edited by Serrano

Didn't The Sims already do that?

Did it? I just found it funny that people can(will) create themselves as a villager and then bleep them. It also forgot to mention that emos can get enjoyment from this.

Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Make Love not War :grin:

Orcs are just misunderstood emos.

I haven't got the slightest clue what the Fable games are about, maybe I should check out some FAQ's some day.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

CVG and the LA Times are reporting that Kotick has lost a very big legal battle over unpaid lawyer fees. The fees in question were to help Kotick and co settle a case where he sacked an employee for complaining about sexual harassment at one of his companies.

source

article links in thread @:

CVG

LA times

Oh Bobby, never change you little scamp you. :grin:

So basically he tried to wage a legal against his lawyer? :)

Via NeoGAF:

SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Runic Games, Inc. ("Runic Games"), a specialized developer of PC-based entertainment software in the United States, surprised the game world today by announcing their next project, Torchlight II.

“We’re so proud of everything Torchlight accomplished, and we feel that Torchlight II will not only give the fans everything they’ve asked for, but far surpass its predecessor in terms of fun, balance, customization, story, and just being a great game to play with your friends.”

Torchlight II answers the overwhelming call of our community with an expansive co-op multiplayer experience. With all new character classes, an expansive overworld, new quests, monsters, and lots of new dungeons, Torchlight II finally lets you play with your friends in the world of Torchlight. Consistent with our pledge to provide unmatched value, Torchlight II will be sold at a low price point, and include a free matchmaking service for peer-to-peer multiplayer experience. Expect Torchlight II to ship in the spring of 2011.

Runic Games’ CEO Max Schaefer commented, “We’re so proud of everything Torchlight accomplished, and we feel that Torchlight II will not only give the fans everything they’ve asked for, but far surpass its predecessor in terms of fun, balance, customization, story, and just being a great game to play with your friends.

“We still are going to make the MMO, but it became apparent that Torchlight II was the logical next step for us given the phenomenal enthusiasm of gamers petitioning us for multiplayer.”

Torchlight II debuts at gamescom 2010 in Cologne, Germany August 18-22 2010, and at PAX Prime in Seattle, WA, September 3-5 2010. Gaming enthusiasts will have the opportunity to explore the new features hands-on, and chat directly with the developers.

Torchlight II will launch in Spring 2011, initially as a digital download.

For more information on Torchlight II, gamers can visit the official website at http://www.torchlight2game.com/ to view additional game play details, trailers and screenshots.

Edited by Purkake