Long live Alpha Protocol.

Then I waited a few months after the dust had settled. Alpha Protocol was approaching its release, and from all the pre-release media I had seen, I started to think it was somewhat of a spiritual successor to the original Mass Effect, which I adored. Not in story, not even in gameplay, but in its RPG systems. And once I got my hands on the game, I can easily say that without a doubt that Alpha Protocol delivered in spades. Minor glitches and presentation issues aside, Alpha Protocol gave me an espionage RPG with those systems that I expect out of the genre, but it also gave me an RPG with some true replay value, thanks to so many branching dialogue trees that can shape and shift different events.

So I sit here, saddened by the fact that Alpha Protocol not only flopped in reviews, but it's also flopped in sales. And now, as a fan of this great Action/RPG hybrid, I have to realize that this is the end of its journey. No sequel. No widespread love or recognition. Nothing but my love for this great game exists -- and that, that will never go away.

R.I.P. Alpha Protocol.

Although I think you were a bit hard on Mass Effect 2, I wholeheartedly agree concerning Alpha Protocol. I waited months and months after the release of this game to buy it, because I had heard so many bad things about it from reviewers and fellow RPG players. I waited until some retailers dropped the price, then I scooped up a copy, expecting the worst...

And instead I loved every second of it! I feel that this game was not given much of a chance by anyone... reviewers, SEGA, RPG veterans... I'm still baffled by their response to the game, as I simply can't see what they're complaining about. I've been playing it for a while now, and I've yet to find anything that major to complain about... besides the fact that I won't more and probably will never get it. :sorcerer:

I realize I'm jumping into the middle of a discussion here just to comment on the OP, but I just wanted to throw in my tiny bit of support. Because...

Long live Alpha Protocol.

You guys are so boring.

Doom 2 is my favorite game ever.

That explains much, thank you for clarify... FPS game isn't?... yeah, I just had to get back to the chronicles... yeah, dead boring... well. soon you'll be able to play it in your mobile... life is good... :ermm:

Edited by edgarcuk

Yes. Because SOZ's game play was at least reasoable since it had the rock solid NWN2 game engine and characetr system behind. It was fun making a party. I also played half (more than half?)of it before I got bored. Unlike AP, where it was plainly crap from the start. And, I had to push myself to even play as long as I did. Plus, SOZ is just a rinky dinky expansion anyways.

Indeed, since AP is a solo driven game... no party members, therefore not going all along the game with those members, they are no characters.... indeed, as for the dialogue to spend 2 minutes to make decisions is too hard, you need to spend 10 hours chatting "plainly crap" (sic) with your party members... yes, AP is pure crap... no party, no 10 hours dialogue, outcome from decisions and you play by your own... so lonely and scary.... funny isn't?... it just makes me play NWN2, indeed....

Edited by edgarcuk

You guys are so boring.

That explains much, thank you for clarify... FPS game isn't?... yeah, I just had to get back to the chronicles... yeah, dead boring... well. soon you'll be able to play it in your mobile... life is good... :(

..what?

You have been able to play Doom on your mobile for a while now. Not to mention the awesome Carmack-blessed Doom RPG.

It's much better on the DS, though.

Edited by Purkake

You guys are so boring.

That explains much, thank you for clarify... FPS game isn't?... yeah, I just had to get back to the chronicles... yeah, dead boring... well. soon you'll be able to play it in your mobile... life is good... :(

..what?

You have been able to play Doom on your mobile for a while now. Not to mention the awesome Carmack-blessed Doom RPG.

It's much better on the DS, though.

And it will come to ipad or tablet... lovely

You guys are so boring.

That explains much, thank you for clarify... FPS game isn't?... yeah, I just had to get back to the chronicles... yeah, dead boring... well. soon you'll be able to play it in your mobile... life is good... :lol:

The gamer who never experienced Doom or Doom 2 in it's day is a sad gamer indeed and is to be pitied for it knows not what it missed.

I can't help but notice a certain sarcastic tone to your posts.

What's wrong with Doom on multiple platforms?

Nothing wrong at all, I like Wolfestein and Doom series and similar (duke nuken, heretic,etc)... I've still got the original 3.5" disks from the times when a game fit in 3Mb... and I think eventually video games will be multi-platform, despite the current war between consoles-pc, which is good. Perhaps following the line of the Force Unleashed...

Those were my personal scores. I could care less what review sites said.

So, you're argument to ban others for comparing games is basically that it doesn't vibe with your own personal opinion score?

Yeah, yeah.... That makes sense.

As opposed to a reviewer's personal opinion score? HERPITY DERP! My point: VTMB = Good game AP != Good game. Stop saying they're equal, anyone who's played both knows they're not.

Stop saying they're equal, anyone who's played both knows they're not.

I've played both and think so.

Any more lies you wish to spread. Any more "facts"?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

No, HH

Don't you know that he is the almighty who's glorius opinion is the only "truth" there is in the world. :p

BLASPHEMY

As opposed to a reviewer's personal opinion score? HERPITY DERP! My point: VTMB = Good game AP != Good game. Stop saying they're equal, anyone who's played both knows they're not.

WTF?

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

No, HH

Don't you know that he is the almighty who's glorius opinion is the only "truth" there is in the world. :ermm:

BLASPHEMY

IMO Big Rigs is the best game ever, IMHO. Just because it's an opinion doesn't mean it isn't retarded.

IMO Big Rigs is the best game ever, IMHO. Just because it's an opinion doesn't mean it isn't retarded.

Yeah, yeah. Totally comparable. It's totally the same. Comparing two flawed games and calling a game the best game ever. It's uncanny.

I think this discussion is at a dead end, people.

hatersgonnapanda.jpg

Yeah, yeah. Totally comparable. It's totally the same. Comparing two flawed games and calling a game the best game ever. It's uncanny.

I think this discussion is at a dead end, people.

hatersgonnapanda.jpg

Okay? Here let me fix it: I think Big Rigs is an absolute flawed gem, with the likes of VTMB. Just IMHO. Once again: Just because it's an opinion doesn't mean it isn't retarded.

Edited by Cogar66

Okay? Here let me fix it: I think Big Rigs is an absolute flawed gem, with the likes of VTMB. Just IMHO. Once again: Just because it's an opinion doesn't mean it isn't retarded.

And what's so retarded about it? You are aware that you are calling yourself a retard right now?

Because I don't think you like that game. Because I think you just want to make a point by pulling up one of the worst recevied games ever and you actually think this makes your point somewhat valid.

Well, it just doesn't.

So, basically what you're saying is that you're retarded?

That's okay buddy. We feel for you...

EDIT: Jeez. Darn Ninja-ers.

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

So, basically what you're saying is that you're retarded?

That's okay buddy. We feel for you...

EDIT: Jeez. Darn Ninja-ers.

"LOLOLOLOLOLOL I NO U R BUT WAT AM I LOLOLOLOL"

This board is pathetic. That's the best you guys can come up with?

You guys are comparing one of the best games ever made to one of the worst. In my analogy AP is to Big Rigs and VTMB is to VTMB.

AP is overrated boring ****ing ****. Seriously. There is almost absolutely nothing reedeming about it. Gameplay? ****. Story? Stereotypical. Characters? Not interesting and stereotypical. Oh, but it has some C&C every once in a while. Totally a flawed gem.

Stop sucking Obsidian's ****, they need to learn from their mistakes.

I like Obsidian, I really do. But AP was ****.