First screenshots

Dare I say it? They're not super-impressive.

I like the lighting and environment in the first two pictures. Same for colors and art direction for the Guardian's equipment (normal-looking claymore, what's look like a Roman glaive, etc.). Not so thrilled about the third one though...

Isn't "art direction" some kind of Godwin's Law in any thread containing screenies?

Screenies look worse than Divinity 2 (and way worse than Flames of Vengeance), but that's not really a competitor.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Yay pics.

*Enviroments look really good.

*Lighting looks excellent.

*No spikes!

-Foe models/texturing look average.

Strangely enough, I don't remember this kind of messages with the Dragon Age 2 screenshots.

Well DA II isn't an Obsidian game. :(

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Of course not, these screenies aren't perfect but anything would look better than DA2's initial screenies. Won't be the case with the full game, obviously. One thing is that DA2 seems to have pretty high quality models for key characters.

I like the lighting and some of the stuff going on, like the spin kick thing, but yeah textures are definitely pretty muddy.

The guy spinning in the 2nd screenie is interesting - looks like some sort of unusual blur/motion rendering style.

The style seems similar to NWN2.

That was actually the first thing that came to mind for me as well. Slightly more updated, but still very similar.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I guess the reason why I cannot stop visiting here is funcroc...he/she/it seems to be really good at finding news, which even beat some news site... :(

Sadly, I guess I developed the tendency to wonder how they may look to the majority than to myself, nowadays. However, to my eyes, the screenshots are nice, not only in terms of the quality but also its keeping the atmospheric style, too, which is another DNA ever since IWD series, as I see it. I guess crypts began to be almost the necessity in BIS/Obsidian hack'n slash games.

I don't know much about Slavic folklore but, if Obsidian include Japanese taste like samurai-ish ghost warriors, they might be interested in consulting some stories such as The Tale of the Heike (historical), Tales of Moonlight and Rain, Konjaku Monogatarishū and Kwaidan: Stories and Studies of Strange Things (Probably too late, though). The samurai ghost warrior reminds me of that in The Story of Mimi-nashi Houichi (Houichi the Ear-less), which is related with the Tale of the Heike, in Kwaidan. Alternatively, some Nou flavor may be nice.

Edited by Wombat