First screenshots

Assuming these screenshots are indeed legit (waiting confirmation on that, but they DO match what we've been told about the look of the guardian and the archon), I like the character designs though.

No enormous shoulder pads or anything here.

Also the lighting is indeed pretty nice, though the texturing work doesn't seem particularly impressive (but as far as we know, it's still pre-alpha, so there's more than enough time to fix that).

Assuming these screenshots are indeed legit (waiting confirmation on that, but they DO match what we've been told about the look of the guardian and the archon), I like the character designs though.

No enormous shoulder pads or anything here.

Also the lighting is indeed pretty nice, though the texturing work doesn't seem particularly impressive (but as far as we know, it's still pre-alpha, so there's more than enough time to fix that).

Look at the 3rd shot, the rocks on the left are low-res, the ones on the right are high(er)-res. :lol:

The Guardian looks great too, and not just art style-wise.

Look at the 3rd shot, the rocks on the left are low-res, the ones on the right are high(er)-res. :lol:

The Guardian looks great too, and not just art style-wise.

Those rocks look also more distant from the camera, so I guessed that was it.

Still, I'm optimistic about the look of the game, though I guess the previews set the bar way too high (especially since The Witcher 2 looks nicer, let's be frank about that).

The environment in the third shot does look expansive though.

We need to see more before knowing for sure how good this game will look, but the lighting seems to be excellent. Now, a game looks better in motion than in screenshots (unless the screenshots are photoshoped for marketing purposes), which means the first hd gameplay vid is gonna show DS3's true colours. Gonna have to wait a while for that I think, so more screenshots will do. :lol:

Edited by fastpunk

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Still, I'm optimistic about the look of the game, though I guess the previews set the bar way too high (especially since The Witcher 2 looks nicer, let's be frank about that).

Isn't The Witcher 2 only for PC though.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Isn't The Witcher 2 only for PC though.

For now, yeah, it is, but CD Projekt Red made it very clear that they want to work on a console version too.

I seriously believe gaming should go back to 80's graphics for a year or two, maybe then people would start to appriciate the graphics we have in games thesedays :)

Meh, I don't care about graphics that much. If we get screenshots what do you want to discuss though?

And I did say I like those screenshots and I'm generally optimistic about the look of the game.

Strangely enough, I don't remember this kind of messages with the Dragon Age 2 screenshots. :lol:

Meh, I don't care about graphics that much. If we get screenshots what do you want to discuss though?

And I did say I like those screenshots and I'm generally optimistic about the look of the game.

Strangely enough, I don't remember this kind of messages with the Dragon Age 2 screenshots. :lol:

Not generally just here, but overall the kids thesedays whine sooo much about graphics that aren't even bad. Yeah, I whined about DA2 as well, don't like the art direction at all. It's just too spiky for me :)

Hate the living, love the dead.

Looks good to me so far. Can't wait to see how it looks in motion.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man