Dragon Age 2

well, elves are still humans with pointy ears. I hope their animations are totally different for every single action

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

They look good to me.
"Distinct racial physiology is an opportunity to explore different standard of beauty".

Horned human woman with gray skin, human woman, pointy eared human women, short statued human woman.

Veeery different beauty standards right there.

No, I expect them to A) not write something stupid like this under a collection of humanoid creatures, B) if they do, then really make them different - not every race has to prefer big breasts or whatever.

Edited by Oner

da2_races.jpg

:banghead:

What's so different? They all look like they adhere to preciesly the same standards of beauty.

Did Bioware write that caption?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

The source to the above picture is here:

http://blog.bioware.com/2010/08/05/bioware...r-matt-goldman/

And here's the thread from the Bioware forums:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/141/index/3354749/1

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

Please support, Andrew Bub, the gamerdad - at http://gamingwithchildren.com/

What's so different? They all look like they adhere to preciesly the same standards of beauty.

Did Bioware write that caption?

Shhh, you'll make Bioware cry.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Anyone else notice that the human female is putting her hand on the human male's thigh, and looking at him, while all the other females are looking to their left? Thought it was funny.

The dwarf female makes no sense. Her lower half is the part that is slightly out-of-proportion with respect to a normal human (and, no, I don't mean that she's fat; you won't find a bigger fan of women like Christina Hendricks than me). Meanwhile, the dwarf male's torso is out-of-proportion to a normal human. Shouldn't they both have either slightly too-large torsos, or slightly too-large legs/hips?

They look pretty good actually as long as you accept that different races have the same (human) beauty standards. The marketeer that wrote the text below probably was out of catch-phrases at the time.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Just ignore the text and it's fine.

Sure. I've got nothing against cartoon fantasy. My only comment would be that if Bioware wrote that text, they would be seem (seem?) to be overly impessed with themselves.

It's fine for what it is, no need for BW to try to make it anything more.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

good riddance. now let's just wait for Bio to approach Obsidian with an offer to make a fantasy RPG and save the franchise

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Races look fine, pity Bio had to reach with the stupid slogan - come on, no one's to blame but themselves with any ridicule they get from this. :banghead:

On top-down:

Now, the game mainly sold on console, so we're going the way of the audience"

Maybe that's the reason they're making everything Mass Effect? Pity.

No tool-set either? LAME

Even Bethesda releases a tool-set for their games.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

This is sad, Bioware.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Races look fine, pity Bio had to reach with the stupid slogan - come on, no one's to blame but themselves with any ridicule they get from this. :ermm:

It looks like every other generic creature from a JRPG, which is probably what DA is turning into.

On top-down:

Now, the game mainly sold on console, so we're going the way of the audience"

Maybe that's the reason they're making everything Mass Effect? Pity.

What about their set goals and vision for DA being the successor of BG.

Dragon Age 2 = Jade Empire 2.

I wish :)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

"No tool-set either? LAME"

DA's toolset sucked anyways. No great loss.

"What about their set goals and vision for DA being the successor of BG."

That was DA1. Not DA2.

PLus, ME2's greater success proves that BIO's fans don't want a successor to BG. I blame the Codex, btw, since they much prefer ME2 to DA anyways.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.