Dragon Age 2

seems like I'm in minority here, but it was her voice...

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

thats a very... unique.... opinion.

everyone else i've talked with says: femshep>>>>>>>>>>>maleshep

but still, its an honest opinion so it's all good.

i think having a male and female option is required just to give two different VA options, since playing a game with a lame voice actor is torture

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Male-shep had the same effect on me as Jennifer Hale had on you, I presume. I could'nt play more than 10-15 minutes with that voice without going bonkers.

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

last time i checked women outnumber men on earth. gotta please that greater than 50% of your market.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

last time i checked women outnumber men on earth. gotta please that greater than 50% of your market.

Yeah, when you start from "the whole world is my market" you're setting yourself up as Steve Jobs or an Asylum Inmate. Surely you don't need me to look up statistics that most gamers are, still, in fact male.

p.s. There's a lot more people in the loony bin vs. 1 Steve Jobs. :-

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I'm sure there are a number of people in the bin who claim to be Steve Jobs. Who are you to say they're not?

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm sure there are a number of people in the bin who claim to be Steve Jobs. Who are you to say they're not?

Coz they are in the bin, and are not the main private owner of Disney and CEO of a Fortune 100 company. :-

But my whole point was that the difference between the two is probably... marginal.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Holy crap, he owns more of it than Eisner. That's insane.

I don't see what's so bad in giving a gay romance option. :-

Besides being a collosal waste of time a resources to accomodate 20 people that want to fap to a male dwarf, me either.

More of a male elf guy, I see.

I don't see what's so bad in giving a gay romance option. :-

Besides being a collosal waste of time a resources to accomodate 20 people that want to fap to a male dwarf, me either.

You underestimate female fans, Gfted1.

P.S. : I'm not sure how much a waste of resources is, considering you just have to script a sex scene and write a little bit of additional romantic dialogue.

Yep. Yaoi fangirls, they're everywhere.*

Lol, I had to look that term up. I had no idea that even existed. Why on Earth would women find that interesting?

*Now where did Gfted1's post go?

What post? >_

I kid. I removed my own post as it seemed like I misunderstood WUE, but now I see I didnt.

nepenthe: i was being a bit silly but even then the female market in video games is still a factor, particularly in rpg's. I don't know numbers but I would imagine it must be around 10% of rpg players are girls, it's also a fact that many guy gamers would rather look at a digital girl for 90 hours of gaming than a digital guy.

as for steve jobs being a romance option in the next bioware game I fully support that, so long as they also include bill gates so we can all enjoy the awesome love triangle

Yep. Yaoi fangirls, they're everywhere.*

Lol, I had to look that term up. I had no idea that even existed. Why on Earth would women find that interesting?

Same reason guys find girl on girl hot.

Ok, it's actually a little bit complicated than that, but that's the gist of it, and this isn't the right topic for it (unless Dragon Age 2 has been mysteriously turned into a japanese dating sim while I wasn't looking).

But didn't TW have romances? The witch and the other red hed? Wait a sec....

no it didn't thank god.

I suspect you skipped some relevant bits- Triss and the other read head healer chick (funny I can't remember her name either) were 'romances' at least as much as anything BioWare has done, albeit romances from outside the setting of a party. You didn't have to choose either of course, but then you don't have to romance anyone in Bioware games either.

Most importantly (hohoho), you got two booby cards for the one you romanced.

Edited by Zoraptor

I think you mean Shani, right?

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Triss and the other read head healer chick (funny I can't remember her name either) were 'romances' at least as much as anything BioWare has done

well, TW romances were more like bonuses, an extra dialogue line triggered to appear at predefined points, then you'd get a card and that's it, moving on. maybe it's the same in Bio games, but whenever I play them, getting the romance options feels like grinding. Biowarians have gotten quite good at making you believe everything you do in game builds up to a certain point where you finally get your reward. and it makes me sick. in TW you'd storm through locations, humping local beauties occasionally. yhis is how I like my games

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

My biggest gripe with Bioware and their Romances is that they feel tacky, I think is the word for it. That and the fact that you basically fall into them for just showing interest in a person.

you basically fall into them for just showing interest in a person.

exactly! god, it pisses me off

Walsingham said: