Alien Swarm

taviow

Alien Swarm and Portal were both free, and didn't give me permission to add friends. Oh well, I'll just wait until I can buy FO:NV on Steam.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Getting a steam account stolen would be bad news. I think you can order hardware from Alienware through stream. Punch in a different delivery address and voila.

I have never used any of the community features of steam, although it keeps spamming me with messages (in-game no less) about joining the steam community. If any of you Obsidianites want to have a go at the co op my Steam handle is suckmywetfarts

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Or rather, you can give away the interest on 49

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

So basically your post was irrelevant and pointless then?

My bad.

Unless you didn't actually know that 20,000 preorders would add up to a sizeable amount of money for the seller. But I'll admit my skepticism.

Edited by Thorton_AP

Pre orders shouldn't be in the sales repertoire of a digital distribution system anyway. They don't need it, there is never going to be a shortage of copies.

The ability to pre-load, so you don't get stuck in the release day download queues? On other forum frequent, people who downloaded Alien Swarm immediately when it became active had a real hard time getting decent speeds. This is not unique to this game, and an even bigger problem on bigger releases.

Alien Swarm and Portal were both free, and didn't give me permission to add friends. Oh well, I'll just wait until I can buy FO:NV on Steam.

You can preorder it already if you really want to :lol:

If I buy it retail do I still have to register it on Steam?

Because that would be perfect, really. I don,t want to download a whole game.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

The few retail steamworks games I have allow me to install the game from the CD and then link the key to my account. Very useful with 60GB data caps that I'm not sure if we're ever actually under...

Edited by Deraldin

Yeah people who buy retail have to use Steam, too.

Edited by taviow

Went through about half the game with some friends this evening. Go to the mall level where you have to get rid of the eggs/biomass. First time through on hard our tech died to the first wave of enemies so I grabbed his flamethrower and we kept going. Cleared out half the map, but while walking through the ducts my two remaining teammates got hit with parasites and died so I was all alone. I ran out of autogun ammo and was down to just the flamethrower which is a pretty nice weapon actually. Cleared out the rest of the map, but was left with just a tiny sliver of health for the finale. Called the elevator and survived about 15 seconds. I managed to toast a bunch of enemies in that time, but a flaming alien smacked me down as I tried to dive away from the group.

Second time through ended with massive lag spikes killing three of us and leaving me alone again. Was in better shape than the first time, but then I got hit with a lag spike and died cause I couldn't control my character. :/

PS that term really is awfully over used.

Yes.

On topic: I'm mildly amused by the fact that the first new Valve release after the much-vaunted Mac version of Steam is not available on Mac. I realise that this is due to the nature of the project, and Portal 2 is indeed supposed to be the first winmac game, but still. I intentionally keep my windows partitions tiny + the pain of rebooting to it, so I'll skip this for now, no matter how much fun it looks.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif