What are you playing now

Gorth

im playing earthbound still, and now im also playing splinter cell conviction since best buy had it on sale over the weekend and i had a gift card.

its pretty fun, but the story makes zero sense and the writing is very poor

it's more about sneaking around and shooting people than anything else though, but at least they make it pretty fun to do.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Since my computer's still in the shop (just to change out a graphics card, ffs), I finished a playthrough of The Darkness that I'd put on hold. Then started up a replay of Batman: Arkham Asylum.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The first few chapters of Risen where the focus is very much on the exploration and open quests is simply put some of the best RPG stuff I have ever played. The world is nice to explore, the combat can be really unforgiving to the player and the quests and choices are very well-done. It's an absolute joy.

Sadly the game becomes more of a dungeon crawl later on but I still had immense fun with it.

That pretty much sums up my experience too. Chapters 1&2 (which take up about two thirds of the game) are simply awesome. Unfortunately, the rest gets very tedious very fast, especially those endless dungeons in chapter 4 where you search for the ancient armor pieces. Also, PB should probably pay some royalties to the Zelda developers for borrowing Ganon for the final boss battle. :)

On topic, I've recently discovered OpenTTD. It's basically an open source clone of Transport Tycoon Deluxe which features a modern graphic engine as well as several gameplay enhancements.

Computer's back just in time for Sam & Max: The City That Dares Not Sleep.

Runnin through Company of Heroes campaign again. It's easier than I remember although Cherbourg is still probably the best of the campaign levels.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I finished Secret Files: Tunguska

Curious what your thoughts on that were. It seemed to get quite a bad rap from most Adventure Game sites.

I liked it. It tries a bit hard to be like Broken Sword: Shadows of the Templars, but the story, characters, voice acting & dialogue aren't that good and are overall a mixed bag. The puzzles are quite comparable, very McGuyverish. It's a solid 7/10.

The sequel apparently is much better.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Hm...I've seen Risen in the stores & thought about it, but each time I skipped it, mostly because of inconsistent reviews & not knowing much about it beyond that. *scribbles a note to buy it for a rainy day*

PS Still playing Two Worlds, tho I've slowed down the per-day time quite a bit. I keep wishing I could fiddle with weather settings to make it rain 90% of the time, too.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Runnin through Company of Heroes campaign again. It's easier than I remember although Cherbourg is still probably the best of the campaign levels.

Let me know if you are up for some multiplayer (V CPU perhaps) as it's my main online gaming fetish. The OC is very good, Cherbourg is even better in a skirmish v CPU (you can download the map for multi-player, funnily enough the OC maps don't generally make it onto multiplayer mebbe their not symmetrical enough).

sonsofgygax.JPG

Let me know if you are up for some multiplayer (V CPU perhaps) as it's my main online gaming fetish. The OC is very good, Cherbourg is even better in a skirmish v CPU (you can download the map for multi-player, funnily enough the OC maps don't generally make it onto multiplayer mebbe their not symmetrical enough).

I'd be up for it. I'd need to get back into my groove, and I need to get my copy of Opposing Front from home at SOME point...

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Nationstates... turned out that I could actually resurrect my old country from way, way back. I now rule two countries :lol:

Latest events from Gorthovania:

"The dead are minced up and sold to people in burger form, the importance of winning Olympic gold medals is indoctrinated from an early age, the country has been 'going shopping' by annexing nearby nations for their resources, and poets and writers are regularly rounded up and shot for entertainment. Crime is a problem. Gorthovania's national animal is the Coelacanth, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Gorthology, and its currency is the Chicken."

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Curious what your thoughts on that were. It seemed to get quite a bad rap from most Adventure Game sites.

I liked it. It tries a bit hard to be like Broken Sword: Shadows of the Templars, but the story, characters, voice acting & dialogue aren't that good and are overall a mixed bag. The puzzles are quite comparable, very McGuyverish. It's a solid 7/10.

I really liked the voice actor for Nina in Tunguska. She was sassy. I was disappointed Nina sounded so different in the sequel.

I'm really into Risen, it is shaping up to be one of the best games I have played in a long while. The voice acting may be the biggest surprise, wasn't it developed in Eastern Europe? Those are usually terrible with the voice work. I'm working my way through the Monastery right now, it is quite fun.

I'm really into Risen, it is shaping up to be one of the best games I have played in a long while. The voice acting may be the biggest surprise, wasn't it developed in Eastern Europe? Those are usually terrible with the voice work. I'm working my way through the Monastery right now, it is quite fun.

Germany actually. But yeah, the voice acting was really really good. Not Bioware/Obsidian level, but still great, and it fits the writing to a T.

Just take into account that if you do all the side quests during chapter 1 & two you'll find yourself with little content for chapter 3 & 4. I still found them fun, but not as good as the first, more open-ended, chapters.

ok interesting. Thanks!

Been playing Baldur's Gate for the first time using Baldur's Gate Trilogy. While I love BG2 I didn't expect much from BG, but I was pleasantly surprised how much I like it! I can't remember when was the last time I got the same feeling of getting stronger during the game. At the beginning I had to run away just about from everyone, screaming for help, then I got a couple levels and little better equipment and started to feel like some badass ass-kicker. Ten minutes later I was running away from two ogre berserkers and a pack of wolves all around the woods, sceaming for help :p

Now my around level 7 party doens't run away from anyone... at least yet.

Started playing through Tiberian Sun again. Nostalgia has only made this more fun.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Finished the Secret Armory of General Knoxx (I think that's what it's called). I'm still using a level 25 revolve at level 43. Because it does 355 damage a shot and has 98 accuracy. Everything else I come across has 250-270 damage and 95 accuracy. I think the reason it's only level 25 is because it has only 2 shots. It's still not quite as good as my 7x74 shotgun revolver, though.

Good snipers are hard to come by. And I keep selling my Eridian weapons by accident.