What are you playing now

Gorth

BG1, just about to go investigate the Iron Throne, with Tutu and a host of mods.

The Grey Clan is probably one of the most 'extensive' quest/combat based BG1 mod out there - I can ignore the horrendously bad voice acting (actually unlistenable), but couple of the battles are pretty whacky. Just had a boss who summons 3 waves of magic resistant battle horrors, and then two mages who contingency with invisibility, minor globe of invulnerability, mirror image and a couple others, then can cast up to level 7 spells (Power Word stun, Flesh to Stone) if given the chance. :/

Of course, the king of vanilla BG1 challenges is Aec'Letec...

Grr. I would be playing BG1tutu, if my video card hadn't died on me. I got the unusual urge to play the original and installed it just a few days ago. (I generally find it too long and grindy; I doubt that I've played past the Cloakwood with more than 2 characters.) Got as far as shooting some bears for extra XP on the map where Gorion died, and when I started up the next morning, the best the machine would do was 4-color 640X480.

Now I'm stuck on my notebook while I wait for a replacement to arrive. The notebook could certainly handle the BG games, but it lacks a disk drive and I don't like to mess with noCD cracks. So it's a round of Civ 4 for me.

Pootling around on Red Faction Guerilla. Having a bit of a pain picking up enough salvage... Anything non mission related seems to suddenly end up swarmed under a dozen EDF soldiers within seconds..

But it's making me ponder picking up Red Faction I & II....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Grr. I would be playing BG1tutu, if my video card hadn't died on me. I got the unusual urge to play the original and installed it just a few days ago. (I generally find it too long and grindy; I doubt that I've played past the Cloakwood with more than 2 characters.) Got as far as shooting some bears for extra XP on the map where Gorion died, and when I started up the next morning, the best the machine would do was 4-color 640X480.

Now I'm stuck on my notebook while I wait for a replacement to arrive. The notebook could certainly handle the BG games, but it lacks a disk drive and I don't like to mess with noCD cracks. So it's a round of Civ 4 for me.

The original BG1 is unique - it's better balanced than any modded copy, as Tutu can introduce various weirdities and summoning is broken-ish. I'm just too used to the high resolution now, though, and various modded things like faster bears and BG2-style contingency-loaded mages.

That said, good old wand of fireball + oil of fiery burning hasn't failed me so far... now on to TOTSC content before returning to Baldur's Gate for the final showdown. I'd play some Icewind Dale ironman, but need to find my CDs... maybe I'll make an ironman thread when/if I do.

Playing Dragon Quest IX single player, so far I'm having fun with it. My biggest gripe with the game is that one cannot choose a class in the beginning of the game, default starting class is a minstrel and it takes a bit before the player reaches a certain area where they can change jobs.

But so far it's only dragon quest game that didn't bore me within the first hour or so. To an extent I'll describe it as a mix of a JRPG and Icewind Dale; light on story, heavy dungeon crawling.

Edited by Syraxis

I give up on Neverwinter Nights 2, the story is just so bland, the characters uninteresting and the combat is just plain boring. I'm playing on easy and still getting my ass kicked since none of my characters can ever hit the damn target.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

The Lord of the Rings Online Beta - it's been fun so far. That's really about all I can say since testers are technically under a NDA.

That's odd, since the game has been out for years. I take it you are playing the new free 2 play stuff?

Yes, that is correct. :thumbsup:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I'm playing on easy and still getting my ass kicked since none of my characters can ever hit the damn target.

How is that possible on NWN2? Unless you've somehow built amazingly inept characters by coincidence...

I'm playing on easy and still getting my ass kicked since none of my characters can ever hit the damn target.

How is that possible on NWN2? Unless you've somehow built amazingly inept characters by coincidence...

City Watch quests? Thieves warehouse/Fihelis estate with the 50 million amazing invisible thieves?

The invisible thief warehouse is famous for its idiocy, sure. But that's one broken area - and even then, if you know how the game mechanics work it's not difficult. I think there was one other encounter similarly broken, but in general? NWN2 is not a difficult game, unless you don't know how the D&D stuff works and make screwed up parties (which, to be fair, is a bit too easy to do).

The invisible thief warehouse is famous for its idiocy, sure. But that's one broken area - and even then, if you know how the game mechanics work it's not difficult. I think there was one other encounter similarly broken, but in general? NWN2 is not a difficult game, unless you don't know how the D&D stuff works and make screwed up parties (which, to be fair, is a bit too easy to do).

Invisible thieves warehouse? I really don't remember that. Did I get past it already?

I, too, am playing NWN2. Crossroads Keep right now, on normal. It's not too hard really.
Edited by taviow

Invisible thieves warehouse? I really don't remember that. Did I get past it already?

If you don't remember it, then I'm going to guess not, but it's fairly early in the game. It's one of the missions you get from City Watch quest line.

If you don't remember it, then I'm going to guess not, but it's fairly early in the game. It's one of the missions you get from City Watch quest line.

Oh, *that* warehouse.

Honestly I didn't even know/remember they were invisible. I must have done something right after all! That mission was pretty straightforward/unremarkable for me.

Edited by taviow

Played some Donkey Kong Country on a working SNES today! Although the game isn't my cup of tea, it was fun to finally hold an snes controller after 10 years or so! :|

Now I'll just have to get my hands on the n64 and a crapload of games that include ogre battle 64 *orgasm*

Started to play League of Legends for the first time... Training with Nunu atm... But for whatever reason, i'll always get the suckier people in my team :thumbsup:

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

City Watch quests? Thieves warehouse/Fihelis estate with the 50 million amazing invisible thieves?

That warehouse was truly frustrating. As Han Solo said, I prefer a straight fight to all this sneakin' around. It's too bad, cuz I was kinda having fun up until then. Instead I got hit with IWD2 Ice Temple flashbacks, and stopped playing. Twice. Maybe someday when I've played the hell out of all the other games I'm interested in, I'll try NWN2 a third time.

EDIT: oops. in the meantime, I've just started playing Singularity. Not that far into it yet. Nothing really stands out to make it a great game yet, but it has potential.

Edited by mr insomniac

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

That warehouse was truly frustrating. As Han Solo said, I prefer a straight fight to all this sneakin' around. It's too bad, cuz I was kinda having fun up until then. Instead I got hit with IWD2 Ice Temple flashbacks, and stopped playing. Twice. Maybe someday when I've played the hell out of all the other games I'm interested in, I'll try NWN2 a third time.

The warehouses and orc caves. Major detractors/fun killers :thumbsup:

Getting the hang of Space Rangers 2. Still need to work on my sense of money and get a feel for what is cheap and what not. Both trade items and equipment. Quite fun so far.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Hl2 series the best shooter ever? Yeah right. HL2 is just an overhyped overrated butchered game that should've been much much more.

Deathspank demo is what i'm playing now. Ron Gilbert made some great stuff. This will definitely be worth it's money. o.ob

1.13 killed off Ja2.