Testing your crpg/gaming knowledge

damonors

I was saddened to hear about the Bioware boards going down, not because I go there (I haven't for ages) or because I was one of the first 250 people to sign up for an account back in the day, but mainly it was due to nostalgia of how many hours I was there back in the olden days.

But luckily this is the internet and you can find anything you want in terms of nostalgia, and when you combine that with online quizzes you have a winner. Sporcle is a quiz site (and it is quite awesome) with user made quizzes, and they have some CRPG and gaming related quizzes on them (though not as many as geography or sports). I was digging around and here are a few that I found:

Baldur's Gate Joinable NPCs:

http://www.sporcle.com/games/fifteenkeys/BGNPCs

BG2 Joinable NPCs (there are 2 quizzes which are similar):

http://www.sporcle.com/games/Sixo/baldurs_gate_2_npcs

http://www.sporcle.com/games/chrismneu338/baldursgateiinpcs

Planescape Factions (not Torment quizzes though):

http://www.sporcle.com/games/Idran/planescape_factions

Dungeons and Dragons Classes:

http://www.sporcle.com/games/DD_classes.php

Plus here is the whole "Gaming" category, though some like the ones above aren't on the front page yet:

http://www.sporcle.com/games/category/gaming

The quizzes are user made so they can be hit or miss, but there are many countless hours of quizzing fun to be had, plus you can make your own if you have a good idea. If you make one that is relevant, post it here so we can test it and complain/compliment.

took me ages to remember yoshimo

makes sense though because i never ever use him

I missed Mazzy and Haer'dalis, never use them either. I was running through all the quest locations in my head trying to remember the characters. Didn't even think about the planar prison and missed picking up Mazzy in the Shadow Temple. :)

Edited by Deraldin

LOL

I got only 4 out of 25 for the Baldur's Gate 1 test! Time to replay it, methinks...

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

LOL

I got only 4 out of 25 for the Baldur's Gate 1 test! Time to replay it, methinks...

I did pretty well on that one. Managed 21/25. Two I missed completely, two I could remember the character, but not the name. :)

I wonder how many people would get Eldoth and Skie, since they were late in the game and were lesser options than others you already had. Safana is another one that probably most people didn't have. Let's look at the stats:

Most missed:

Eldoth (21.4% correct)

Alora (21.4%)

Shar-Teel (28%)

Skie/Safana/Kagain (35.7%)

It's only been taken 13 times, but 21% of the people got it all right (should I admit that I did?), which is saying something for a 12 year old game. Of course I played that game so many times.....

There are some 'extra' answers on it too that show up as bonuses, did anyone else try boo?

I wonder how many people would get Eldoth and Skie, since they were late in the game and were lesser options than others you already had. Safana is another one that probably most people didn't have. Let's look at the stats:

Most missed:

Eldoth (21.4% correct)

Alora (21.4%)

Shar-Teel (28%)

Skie/Safana/Kagain (35.7%)

It's only been taken 13 times, but 21% of the people got it all right (should I admit that I did?), which is saying something for a 12 year old game. Of course I played that game so many times.....

There are some 'extra' answers on it too that show up as bonuses, did anyone else try boo?

Eldoth was one of the 4 that I missed. I remembered the portrait he used and a vague character concept, but not the name. Also missed Alora, but I did remember Skie. I think Safana was the third and Faldorn was the fourth miss for me. Remember Faldorn was a shadow druid and showed up in BG2, but like Eldoth, couldn't remember the name. Didn't try boo, but when trying to get the correct spelling of Kagain, it did take Kagan.

Edited by Deraldin

12 years. Wow. It doesn't seem that long ago. And in many ways it's yet to be equalled!

sonsofgygax.JPG

BG1

8/25 joinable NPCs correct. Although neither Kargain or Jahira were accepted. Kargain is joinable, you do that kobold stomp with him although he eventually leaves.

BG2 You got 14 out of 16 NPCs from Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn.

Missed Cernd and Her - whachamacallit, but only because I had no idea how to spell his name. They're both tossers who make you feel a small explosion of joy when they miss a disintegrate save and perma - die, so I have no problem with that.

Couldn't remember any factions other than the Dustmen and the Sensates, so I decided to stop there.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I am also amazed at the age of BG. I swear I remember like yesterday starting it up and seeing the Nietzche quote and hearing the music. I pre-ordered it, so I got the "Volo's guide to the Sword Coast" as a bonus, so I read through that between classes to get me all psyched about it. Granted, it wasn't the best game in the world when compared to what has come out since then, but at the time it was absolutely amazing. Things like that just stick with you, so it doesn't surprise me that I did better on that than the BG2 one (I wasn't even going to touch the Planescape factions one (I only knew the Torment ones)).

Oh, Gorgon, Kagain and Jaheira are on there, you just have to spell them right. Kagain took me like four times (I swear it was Kaigan, but wikipedia says otherwise).

Now I'm sort of sad I sold my original games with the boxes and instructions years ago....

Yeah spelling was the worst bit for the BG names for me. I think I typed 20 different variations on Jaheira before I got it right.

At least with the Planescape factions they'd take the common names as well as official names of the factions (so it'd take Hardheads or Harmonium).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I remembered everyone's face and character, but only got like 8 names right. Just like in real life.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I couldn't spell Haer'dalis, couldn't remember Anomens name (that whiny guy) and I completely forgot about Valygar. Not too shabby I guess. I wouldn't take a stab at BG1, as I've only ever completed it twice. Not too familiar with Planescape factions, didn't try it. From top of my head, Sensates, Dustmen, Xaoxisects (sp?), Godsmen, Harmonium and Mercy Killers (pretty much what I remember from PS:T). What was that thing that bureaucrats (the researcher guy in the Clerks Ward) were a member of?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Got all the BG1 characters, though I'm replaying the game right now. Got everyone in the BG2... except Nalia, of all people. I guess I sort of block her out by now.

Makes me think - it's not so much that NPCs in these games were a lot better than NPCs these days, it's just that you had a much wider pool. I completely ignore the likes of Safana, Aerie and Nalia, imagine if I was forced to take Aerie on some missions. *brr*

Aerie is frickin awesome, she can solo the game without even trying. Just play with a female <CHARNAME> to avoid the stupid come-ons.

I had recently replayed throughout BG saga, so 'twas pretty easy. I didn't remember squat from PS:T though.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

What was that thing that bureaucrats (the researcher guy in the Clerks Ward) were a member of?

The Guv'ners (aka the Fraternity of Order)?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

What was that thing that bureaucrats (the researcher guy in the Clerks Ward) were a member of?

The Guv'ners (aka the Fraternity of Order)?

I think it was the Guv'ners :p

(and the guys name was Able Ponderthought iirc)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein