The most evil film ever due out next year

steelfiredragon

We are all doomed :lol:

I've always had a weak spot for Smurfs. They are among my all time favourite comics.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Does anyone else occasionally miss traditional/cell animation? Not that I don't like computer animation, mind you. But sometimes....I wish not all animation had that computer look.

And I've always suspected the Smurf's were somehow related to the Blue Meanies.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Weren't the smurfs Belgian? Why are they in New York?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Does anyone else occasionally miss traditional/cell animation? Not that I don't like computer animation, mind you. But sometimes....I wish not all animation had that computer look.

That is why I enjoyed The Princess and the Frog so much.

That is why I enjoyed The Princess and the Frog so much.

Oh? I think I've seen that title on On-Demand, but hubby's not into animation films much. I'll have to check it out one afternoon. Thx.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

the smurfs predate blue meanies by about a decade... possibly the young beatles were disturbed by the evil little belgian faeries... kinda likes how some kids is 'fraid o' clowns? *shrug* never made the connection.

the thing that always surprises us 'bout the smurfs is the fact that they has endured. am not sure what their appeal is. there were a period during the mid 70's when smurf collectibles were momentarily very popular in the US... and then in the 80's we had the saturday morning cartoon, but unlike pogs or alf (and alf pogs,) the smurfs popularity never completely dies. is... odd.

"That is why I enjoyed The Princess and the Frog so much. "

as is typical, it were hard to complain 'bout disney animation... but it weren't in our top 5 (10?) of disney animated films. still, it were technically very sound.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

the smurfs predate blue meanies by about a decade... possibly the young beatles were disturbed by the evil little belgian faeries... kinda likes how some kids is 'fraid o' clowns? *shrug* never made the connection.

There's a lot of conflicting information about the Blue Meanies in Yellow Submarine - including some indication that they were originally not intended to be just blue.

But I think their design was down to Heinz Edleman (who would have been in his last year at the D

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Disney said that both Lilo and Stitch and Princess and the frog were their last hand drawn animations

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Disney said that both Lilo and Stitch and Princess and the frog were their last hand drawn animations

They shut down their animation studio after THE FOX AND THE HOUND, with preproduction on the Black Cauldron already underway.

They eventually re-opened and completed TBC

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I enjoyed the Black Cauldron when I saw it many years ago at the theater when it came out.

I remember being upset seeing the production art for it after THE FOX AND THE HOUND came out and thinking it'd never be done (Disney had, of course, announced that they were leaving animation behind. It was around this time that they started the Disney "PG Initiative" that gave us Watcher in the Woods and The Black Hole)

I like all forms of animation; I'd hate to think of Disney foregoing traditional animation entirely (just as I'd hate to think that no one would do stop motion animation like Henry Selick as well)

Edited by Amentep

(just as I'd hate to think that no one would do stop motion animation like Henry Selick as well)

Don't worry, Tim Burton is still alive.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

My Smurf/Blue Meanie comment was supposed to be a joke....not any kind of serious reference. Just sayin'. ;) ie, maybe the Meanies are the mutated rebellious children of the Smurfs that had to be kicked out of the village....

In reality, I don't know much re:actual history of the Meanies or the Smurfs...all I remember is being mildly scared by the Meanies as a tiny tiny tot and uninterested in the Hanna-Barbera Smurf series as a pre-teen.

My Smurf/Blue Meanie comment was supposed to be a joke....not any kind of serious reference. Just sayin'. ;) ie, maybe the Meanies are the mutated rebellious children of the Smurfs that had to be kicked out of the village....

did anybody take serious?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

HA! Good Fun!

Not terribly, no....or maybe not at all. I just thought I should clarify just in case. I told you I sometimes have a hard time reading/interpreting your writing style. :)

HA! Good Fun!

I can understand the confusion since you did point out that one predated the other in response to her post.

we also suggested childhood trauma of the beatles.

*shrug*

HA! Good Fun!

That would be the black smurfs:

dzrs.jpg

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I remember the cartoon series fondly when I was young. Now they are ruining it by making it computer generated. Just like Hollywood, soil anything they touch.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester