And so I have a quick question

While NwN2 is an Obsidian game, BioWare made the original NwN 1 game. When teh time came to make NwN2, Obsidian chose to keep their forums here since the NwN community already existed here.

Now that we are closing the Legacy forums, I thought it unfair to leave the NwN2 fans without any forums anyplace, so I moved them here.

:p

While NwN2 is an Obsidian game, BioWare made the original NwN 1 game. When teh time came to make NwN2, Obsidian chose to keep their forums here since the NwN community already existed here.

Now that we are closing the Legacy forums, I thought it unfair to leave the NwN2 fans without any forums anyplace, so I moved them here.

:p

I don't see anything particularly unfair in what they did. It was Obsidian/Atari's choice in the first place to leave the NWN2 forums on Bioware's site to keep a sense of community etc.. etc.. Not much will change considering the NWN2 forums will still be on a Bioware's proprietary forum.

I don't see anything particularly unfair in what they did. It was Obsidian/Atari's choice in the first place to leave the NWN2 forums on Bioware's site to keep a sense of community etc.. etc.. Not much will change considering the NWN2 forums will still be on a Bioware's proprietary forum.

Define "choice" :bow:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

You think BioWare strong armed Atari into making the decision?

Nah, I think it was Atari pulling the strings, looking at the market, fan base exposure and economics side of things. I doubt many people outside the companies involved boardrooms knows for sure what went on though.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Define "choice" :bow:

Even if it was an Atari's decision I'll be honest and say that I doubt Obsidian cared that much.

And it wasn't that bad as a decision imho.

It was Atari's choice. Not Obsidian's or BIO's. If I were BIO, I would have told Atari no since BIO pretty much gets niothing out of the relationship anyways.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

It was Atari's choice. Not Obsidian's or BIO's. If I were BIO, I would have told Atari no since BIO pretty much gets niothing out of the relationship anyways.

And I suspect EA isn't terribly pleased with the situation, either.

God used to be my co-pilot, but then we crashed in the Andes and I had to eat him.