Applying for non-open position

nikwing

Hi,

I'm currently looking for a game designer position, but its not listed under the Open Positions. will the application automatically get rejected? or will it be considered?

Any advice from Obsidian designer on applying as game designer at obsidian will be great.

I couldn't find any thread about this, so apologize if its asked already.

Thank you

Edited by nikwing

Disclaimer : I'm not a developer. Heck, I'm not even good at maths. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

As far as I remember, Chris Avellone said on his blog that while a position may not be open at the time you submit, they still may remember you when that position eventually opens.

...if you are in doubt you may want to just e-mail him. As far as I've seen, he's very open and helpful on this kind of things.

Hi,

I'm currently looking for a game designer position, but its not listed under the Open Positions. will the application automatically get rejected? or will it be considered?

Any advice from Obsidian designer on applying as game designer at obsidian will be great.

I couldn't find any thread about this, so apologize if its asked already.

Thank you

An application would not automatically get rejected, since we don't have any open positions, it would be placed in the queue for when a position does open up and it would be evaluated then.

It can't hurt to ask again every 6 months to check the current status of design positions, and to submit a resume and a portfolio, follow the steps in How to Apply:

Obsidian - How to Apply

Designers only need to send a resume and a cover letter, not a portfolio - if we like the resume, we'll ask you to take a test focused on the design needs of the project you're applying for.

Hope this helps.

Chris