NSFW: The end of Mel Gibson's career (thank non-extant gods)

Humodour

regardless o' how you see it, the actual statements made are not stereotyping... not in the least. there were no generalizing of a whole based on experience with a few. walsh and Gromnir simply imparted our experiences with a few. Gromnir, for one, never hypothesized the "why" actors is kookie as you suggest. disagree with us if you will, but there is no need to mischaracterize our statements to fit your assumptions and conclusions.

HA! Good Fun!

It's kind of hard to not take any comments within the context of a discussion; maybe that's the cause of the misunderstanding. From my experience most of the artists I know are a bit eccentric, is kind of hard not to be while working the medium. These people do things that normally you would lock them in a loony bin for.

My personal distaste is that this whole thing is a frame up, I can't possibly judge Mel's character from this :thumbsup:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

His girlfriend most likely did alter the tapes to at least some extent, however, that doesn't clear Mel of all the other similar situations in which he has been. The numerous racist/anti-semitic rants (typically drunken, which likely indicates the truth of his sentiments - lowered inhibition) made when pulled over and extreme Christian rhetoric speak pretty clearly to his character regardless of this particular circumstance.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Wow. I love the automatic blame-the-victim, Mel-was-framed mentality here. Can't we at least wait until the investigation has been finished before we declare Mel a martyr, framed by a scurilous female?

Look, the man is worth a half-billion dollars, and can buy off anyone on the planet. This woman is a nobody. Without proof of Mel's treatment of her, including the fact that while she was holding their child he punched her hard enough to break two teeth, no one would ever believe her over him. Taping his tirades was the only way to get enough proof to have a chance to retain at least joint custody of her child. Otherwise, he would simply pick up the phone, call one of his contacts and she'd never see her baby again.

So let's just wait for the real facts to emerge before we label Mel a misunderstood hero, and the mother of his child a gold-digging whore (or some-such), mmkay? I mean, she might very well be, but evidence to that effect rather than wishful speculation would be nice.

Edited by ~Di

I agree with Di. I mean, what has this fellow done to be labelled a hero anyway? He gets dressed up and pretends to be a hero?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

"I love the automatic blame-the-victim, Mel-was-framed mentality here. "

Huh? What thread were you reading? People were anti Mel when thisn thread started because we all took the accusations at face value.

Sadly, we all forget, that there are unfortunately, women who do get abused (as well as men so let's not be sexist like some people) there are also people who have no problem making up lies to hurt others and damage their reputations.

"Look, the man is worth a half-billion dollars, and can buy off anyone on the planet."

Nonsense.

"Without proof of Mel's treatment of her, including the fact that while she was holding their child he punched her hard enough to break two teeth, no one would ever believe her over him. Taping his tirades was the only way to get enough proof to have a chance to retain at least joint custody of her child. Otherwise, he would simply pick up the phone, call one of his contacts and she'd never see her baby again."

Except, even her own dentists has his doubts that she was actually punched. And, there's dispute that the tape recording is legit.

"So let's just wait for the real facts to emerge before we label Mel a misunderstood hero, and the mother of his child a gold-digging whore (or some-such), mmkay? I mean, she might very well be, but evidence to that effect rather than wishful speculation would be nice."

Eh. You should a take your won advice since you seem to have made up your mind that he's guilty and even have an excuse ready even if he's found innocent - he just bought everyone off. In essence, Gibson cannot win with you. No matter what happens, you will label him an abusive piece of crap.

It should, btw, that his ex wife of a billion years, flatb out stats that he was never abusive towards her or their children. What does she get out of lying for him?

*shrug*

Hey, I was one of those who believed things at face value and labeled Gibson guilty from the start...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Sounds to me like he's tired of success and just wants to screw it all up..

Women like that will always be around when you're ready to piss away your career just on spite.

Well, he is old school christian and seems to have rather short temper. Those two don

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

Women like that will always be around when you're ready to piss away your career just on spite.

WTF Junai? Didn't someone say he broke her teeth? You make it sound like she's some sort of evil pixie rather than a domestic abuse victim. :p

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

WTF Junai? Didn't someone say he broke her teeth? You make it sound like she's some sort of evil pixie rather than a domestic abuse victim. :p

Supposedly her dentist says that her broken teeth weren't consistent with being punched in the face and "reports" say that her injuries were more consistent with self-inflicted injuries.

Which brings me to the point that what we have at the moment is a lot of bits and pieces of contradictory information leaked from a variety of unknown sources. I for one won't jump to conclusions and would rather wait to see what happens, legally, in the case as opposed to what's thrown up on the entertainment gossip mill.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Ah. Then like the hunchback having physiotherapy I must stand corrected. :p

I just dislike the guy for his totally bizarre personal crusade against the English. And the even more depressing number of people who believe the uttter boff in his crappy sci-fi quality 'historical' movies.

I'm only tangentially bothered by him being an abusive partner. BUt I suppose I ought to be better informed.

-Elwood Blues

am telling you folks, custody battles often makes everybody involved looks crazy. you couldn't pay us enough money to do domestic/family law... and we weren't kidding when we said that the lawyers most likely to be keeping a gun in their desk drawer is the folks dealing with custody crap. assume that everybody is lying and you probable is much closer to the truth. lie, cheat, steal, assault, kill... the laundry list o' evil and loathsome deeds committed ostensibly in the name o' "love" for one's children is extensive and horrifying. to watch such stuff is the sorta thing to makes you lose your faith in humanity.

the real victim is the child.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

He hit her?

I know nothing about the situation. ;)

I just listened to the clip in the OP's post and figured he was tired of everything. Also, with his attitude he'd

probably see a hoe in his own mother - hence women "like that" will always be around if you wanna start trouble.

I think women who always end up with abusers have the same problem as men who always end up with "sluts".

They are part of, and create the situation themselves. Mel finds himself a young sexbomb, then complains about

the way she dresses. Kinda funny actually.

J.

He's been accused of hititng her. His ex wife of decades disputes that theory. The dentist says that the damage to her teeth/face didn't fit how it look if she actually got punched (though he's backtracked on it a bit since he got bashed by her lawyers). Experts have claimed that the tape has been at least aprtially faked.

That said, Gibson has proven to have quite a temper in the past so it's not out of the realm of possibility he has the potential to get violent.

So who knows what's really up.

"the real victim is the child."

LAWYERS: Being Paid Mega Bucks To Tell Clients The Obvious Forever.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

WTF Junai? Didn't someone say he broke her teeth? You make it sound like she's some sort of evil pixie rather than a domestic abuse victim. :lol:

Supposedly her dentist says that her broken teeth weren't consistent with being punched in the face and "reports" say that her injuries were more consistent with self-inflicted injuries.

Could you give a link for that, please? I've read that her dentist said that although they weren't consistent with being hit in the jaw, they were consistent with being punched in the temple hard enough for her teeth to crashe together... which is apparently what she has said happened. Too much speculation in the media, too few real facts, IMHO.

Edit: Never mind the link, apparently no matter what people want the dentist to say, there's a google link to it! lol The dentist now says in the latest CNN story that there was evidence she was hit twice, once in the temple and once in the mouth, and he will testify to that effect. Gonna have to wait for the trial to get all of the he-said, she-said stuff sorted out.

Which brings me to the point that what we have at the moment is a lot of bits and pieces of contradictory information leaked from a variety of unknown sources. I for one won't jump to conclusions and would rather wait to see what happens, legally, in the case as opposed to what's thrown up on the entertainment gossip mill.

Completely agree.

Edited by ~Di