Other spy fiction archetypes for Michael Thorton

In AP, Thorton's conversation responses all roughly correspond to Bourne, Bauer, and Bond. However, are there any other spies, secret agents, or other similar covert operatives in fiction with distinctive personality archetypes that's different from Professional/Aggressive/Suave and could be used to characterize Thorton?

Bear in mind someone such as Sam Fisher or Solid Snake or Gabe Logan wouldn't work because they're already video game characters.

How about a guy that isn't an A-hole. I seriously saw no Bourne,Bauer or Bond, just shades of the same guy.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Michael Westen. Burn Notice.

In fact, Thorton's general character is far more like Westen than he is any of the Three Bs.

That's not a bad thing, though: because Michael Westen is freakin' awesome. He's not one of "sauve/professional/aggressive" but rather "whatever my cover needs me to be" with a heaping of sarcasm and take-the-piss (akin to Thorton's "sauve", I guess) on top when he's being himself.

Edited by Ulicus

Michael Caine as Harry Palmer - almost the anti-bond Spy films of the mid to late 60's.

The Ipcress File.

Funeral in Berlin.

Billion Dollar Brain.

Or if you wanted a touch more sillyness to things, James Coburn as Derek Flint. (Again, the late 60's).

Our Man Flint .

In Like Flint.

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."