Fallout: New Vegas

What I'm really wondering is the effect of something with the yield of Tsar Bomba would look like. Probably the same devastation but over a much larger distance, with a giant crater at the center.

When the Tsar Bomba was tested, it was configured especially for the occasion to only yield half it's maximum output. An unexpected sideeffect of the change was that it was the "cleanest" nuclear detonation ever.

You can try out various payloads on your favourite city here

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Border Lord mother****ers.

Border Lord.

Seriously though it's nice that they got a number of (geek friendly) character actor types to do VA instead of blowing all their cash on a Sean Connery cameo or whatever.

What I'm really wondering is the effect of something with the yield of Tsar Bomba would look like. Probably the same devastation but over a much larger distance, with a giant crater at the center.

When the Tsar Bomba was tested, it was configured especially for the occasion to only yield half it's maximum output. An unexpected sideeffect of the change was that it was the "cleanest" nuclear detonation ever.

You can try out various payloads on your favourite city here

I read the wikipedia page too. :)

Thanks for the link though. Nice to see how Montreal doesn't even stand a chance.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I read the wikipedia page too. :)

Not Wikipedia, but I suppose that it would have much of the same information. Fusion energy FTW :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

USA Today: 'Fallout: New Vegas' recruits new talent [via NMA]

-- Perry's character, Benny (pictured here), is the head of the Geckos family. A smooth-talking criminal but also a bit of a weasel, Benny may sound dangerous, but isn't that tough. Ultimately he's more of a ruthless pragmatist than a villain.

-- Zachary Levi's playable character Arcade (pictured here) is a member of the Followers of the Apocalypse who hides a mysterious past. He's described as quiet, analytical, and cautious. Highly ethical and moral, he understands the post-apocalyptic world is one in which sometimes, people just have to be shot in the head. HE is more concerned with large-scale issues than the needs of individuals. He may appreciate what individual people go through, but firmly believes that it's more important to affect large-scale societal change than to fix problems little by little.

-- Another newcomer who will be familiar to video gamers is Felicia Day (The Guild), who voices the playable character Veronica, a sarcastic Brotherhood of Steel scribe.

-- A third playable companion is Raul the Ghoul, a mechanic and former gunslinger voiced by Danny Trejo (From Dusk Till Dawn).

-- Ron Perlman (Hellboy) returns to voice the narrator in Fallout: New Vegas, a role he has played in every major Fallout game to date.

-- Actor and singer/songwriter Kris Kristofferson (The Blade Trilogy) plays Chief Hanlon, a grizzled solider at the end of his career.

-- Rene Auberjonois (Boston Legal, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine) is the enigmatic and reclusive Mr. House.

-- Michael Dorn (Star Trek:The Next Generation) returns as Marcus, an intelligent super-mutant, last seen in 1998's Fallout 2.

-- John Doman (Mystic River, The Wire) plays Caesar, the charismatic and powerful dictator at the head of Caesar's Legion.

-- William Sadler (The Shawshank Redemption) is Victor, a friendly robot with the personality of an old fashioned cowboy.

Edited by funcroc

oh wow, this is great news! why, why is it so long a wait 'til the game comes out? :)

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I'm totally buzzed about Michael Dorn, however...

Danny Mother-****ing Trejo (actual name), as Raul the Ghoul.

Now we know that not all ghouls in NV will sound the same. Apparently, some of them will sound like total badasses.

:)

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes

I never found Dorn's VA to be particuarly good in FO2, nor did I particularly find MArcus an interesting character. Broken Hills in general was a very very weak location. It felt either extremely half-hearted or just unfinished.

That said Dorn's VA was stil probably better than Neeson's phone-in job in FO3. As long as they're not breaking the bank on big name stars for 20 uninspired lines, then its good enough for me.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

wasn't Jacob that BoS guy who founded Broken Hills? and Marcus looks like ****, definitely not what I was expecting to see >_<

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Yes, Jacob founded Broken Hills with Marcus. Also, I thought this was pretty faithfull to the original Marcus, although is brow/eye lids are maybe a little off.

They look a tiny bit lifted.

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes

****, me. He looks great :p

Edit: Since Marcus is in the game, I wonder if Francis made it into the game as well. If yes, I won't arm wrestle with him this time around >_<

Edited by Flouride

Hate the living, love the dead.

Jacobstown; I wonder if we'll get a new Francis aswell?

My only complaint about Marcus is that his face is a bit too smooth, but nice work overall!

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Francis was a pushover.

And Marcus was the best companion in the game (sure, some would argue Cassidy was, not for me though). Marcus was a walking mountain, a powerhouse. And I'm looking at this new look and I don't see my Marcus, I see an old granny turned green, not very menacing. maybe it's just the angle the screen was taken at...

Walsingham said: