Fallout: New Vegas

Indeed, and I liked the thought of them containing "fallout" instead of snow, but then again - I'm a sucker for double entendres.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Great, now I'm reminded I need to see that movie sometime aswell. Specially since I don't really get any connection from watching the video.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

They were also extremely popular in the 50's.

Ah, well that makes more sense then. If they were a staple 50's item, then using them in the game is pretty smart.

We had a couple snowglobes around the house when I was growing up; moitsly holiday-themed ones, but I don't really know anythingn about the history.

Otoh, hula hoops were popular in the 50's, too. Naybe simply being popular during the relevant time period isn't enough.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Well, hula hops aren't exactly collectible.

Everything's collectible.

If somethign exists, someone collects it.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Otoh, hula hoops were popular in the 50's, too. Naybe simply being popular during the relevant time period isn't enough.
Hmm, in 50 years there will be a game set in 1999 and you have to collect Pok

Whining about replacing one useless collectible trinket w/ another. ;) Glad F:NV forums are there.

It's even funnier when you look through the posts on THIS board and realize that people are exactly the same here, except about other equally unimportant details.

"What?! No Ron Perlman reading the intro?!? YOU JUST LOST A SALE, OBSIDIAN!"

"What?! A solar powered cannon from space!! THAT'S NOT FALLOUT AT ALL! NO SALE!!"

"What?!? An orc..mutant wearing a WIG and funny GLASSES?! I didn't see that in Van Buren (easily the best game ever, I know this because I am psychic)!#&! SCREW YOU OBS!"

---

You guys seriously need to look in a mirror from time to time.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

And that was the Cool Kids on the Block, carrying out their holy mission to aloofly mock everything. :lol:

There's a point to be had, though. Stuff like snowglobes often end up not really being noticeable when you play the game... unless it's a buildup of several trivial oddities that create a general impression.

That's confirmed?

That's a real bummer; makes you wonder why they did not have him record a generalized intro (loosely usable for New Vegas, or something else), while they had him in the studio.

:grin:

That's confirmed?

That's a real bummer; makes you wonder why they did not have him record a generalized intro (loosely usable for New Vegas, or something else), while they had him in the studio.

:down:

Huh? No, it isn't. I don't honestly know why mkreku mentioned it. :grin:

That's confirmed?

:down:

Huh? No, it isn't. I don't honestly know why mkreku mentioned it. :shifty:

I think because a few pages back someone had said something along the lines of it not being a Fallout game if Perlman didn't do an intro.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Then again, what would be a Fallout without his narration?

You mean this? Because I was the one writing that message, and I don't see how that == RAEGING ABOUT NO RON PERLMAN, SO NO FALLOUT!!11!!

:shifty:

I think its an "extreme example", not actually a reflection of you or your post.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Then again, what would be a Fallout without his narration?

You mean this? Because I was the one writing that message, and I don't see how that == RAEGING ABOUT NO RON PERLMAN, SO NO FALLOUT!!11!!

:shifty:

I think its an "extreme example", not actually a reflection of you or your post.

Problem is, almost all his "extreme examples" fit more NMA than this forum.

I don't think so, NMA might be hardcore fallout fans, but they're generally not silly - except when they are doing it intentionally.

I don't think so, NMA might be hardcore fallout fans, but they're generally not silly - except when they are doing it intentionally.

Granted, they may have not used those exact words, but I've read all of those complaints there.

Granted, not from exactly the same user, and they're not an hivemind, but it still fits the hardcore fallout fan mentality more than what you usually see here (where actually, things like the orbital laser and the super mutant with a wig were defended).

I think Fallout Rage threads exist wherever Fallout Threads exist. :down:

I still have "fond" memories of the weekend after Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel was announced back when I was still a mod for Interplay... :shifty:

I think Fallout Rage threads exist wherever Fallout Threads exist. :down:

I still have "fond" memories of the weekend after Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel was announced back when I was still a mod for Interplay... :shifty:

Dear god...

/hug/

t50aJUd.jpg