AAAHHHHHHH

A lot of businesses are built upon what price the market (ie customers) can sustain, not anything to do with what it costs to make or distribute.

And I consider $50 a very fair price for a game that costs millions to develop.

The problem is that in Euroland, the games are €50 which is more akin to $65, while in stores the physical copies sell for less (what would be $50 or somewhat lower even).

It's not the price itself that is the problem, but that digital games cost more at launch than their physical counterparts.

Edited by Spider

That, and quite often the physical copies in stores will have "special price off" when released. Nearly everything you get via Amazon these days has between 10-30% off when its first released.. The difference between paying

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I do find it ironic that in spite of his protests against companies that don't allow people to properly own their product, he'd even utilize Garry's Mod for his webcomic.

He serves his point with his current webcomic. It's too bad he doesn't seem to actually adhere to the very principles he claims to be interested in. By using Garry's Mod and the Source Engine, he financially supports Valve and Steam. A service that does the very stuff he vows to not financially support in other posts.

Who needs principles I guess though, right? Especially when he can make some money using Garry's Mod.

Edited by Thorton_AP

It has to do with logon information which is saved to a special file in offline mode. If it can't reach the servers the moment you go off-line it can't write the file and it does that.

As long as the file was saved properly you can be offline as long as you want.

Yes, it's pretty sucky.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

As long as the file was saved properly you can be offline as long as you want.

Although, unfortunately, the file sometimes corrupts itself. Nor do all games work with offline mode (at least I've had issues with a few of them). :thumbsup:

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I'd stock up on some protective eyeware as well

Because the future is going to be bright!

Get off my lawn. :)

...more seriously, at this point in time I may prefer having a CD/DVD of my own, but I don't have anything against the concept of direct-download instead. I just don't like Steam's way of doing it. Especially since I rarely play on-line/multiplayer games anyway.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Beware that if you put steam on your computer, I'm not sure you can actually ever take it fully off without a complete reformat. Also, it'll be collecting data about your computer and other unspecified things (you have to agree to that to install it).

Beware that if you put steam on your computer, I'm not sure you can actually ever take it fully off without a complete reformat. Also, it'll be collecting data about your computer and other unspecified things (you have to agree to that to install it).

*gasp*

The horror!

If you don't like Steam I suppose you could go for Impulse Now (Stardock).

Unless of course your copy requires you to use Steam (like F:NV apparently wishes).

Wasn't there a game that everyone boycotted because it required to use Steam, even if you bought it at GG or Impulse...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I'm more concerned about the fact that you don't actually "own" the product you've payed solid money for.

Physical copies makes so much more sense, and gives you a greater sense of ownership and security.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I get the whole physical copy thing, I really do. If I'm going to pay $50, I want a nice box and a DVD. But protesting against Steam completely strikes me as cutting off the nose to spite the face. Steam has a ton of great games on it, many for insanely low prices. It has had technical problems, but I've seen a very steady improvement in the software since it was launched. It is extremely successful, so if you are worried about losing the games you have on Steam, that is crazy.

It makes it easy to buy and play games. I'm not sure what else you folks need.