Dragon Age 2

Anyone else notice the godawful purple plastic hairdo?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

What about Flemeth's picture posted here makes it "Dragon Age Anime?"

she looks like that witch from final fantasy 8, the name escapes me. but, yeah, I'd have to agree, these screenshots remind me of Square's CGIs a lot

Ultimecia, who projected herself back in time and took over a variety of witch's body to further her own ends...? :p

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

erm, maybe, but I seem to remember kicking Ultimecia's ass a few times, and she was red-haired. the one I'm talking about had black hair and used to be the wife of Balamb's principal

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

erm, maybe, but I seem to remember kicking Ultimecia's ass a few times, and she was red-haired. the one I'm talking about had black hair and used to be the wife of Balamb's principal

Edea.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Those pics of the city look pretty nice. Reminds me both of ancient Rome & Assassin's Creed 2.

Except Assassin's Creed 2 had decent ground textures. I mean, the game will certainly look much better on release, why are they releasing screenshots now? It's not like they're even using motion blur to hide the low-res textures like Alpha Protocol... :yucky:

Edea.

Same person.

Not exactly; Edea was possessed by Ultimecia (as was Adel and as was other witches through the ages IIRC).

That's why I :yucky: since Flemeth's modus operandi is to take possession of other magic users...

Anyhow, Edea had black hair:

Edea.jpg

Adel had red hair:

adel.jpg

and Ultimecia had white hair:

Ultimecia.jpg

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

You know, I played that game when I was like 10 - that character design really is ridiculous. I mean, look! Goat horns! :yucky:

I actually like the character design for the game, personally.

Think back to Origins

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Good to know that my memory did'nt fail me, Biowares take on consequences seems to be as clever as ever.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Good to know that my memory did'nt fail me, Biowares take on consequences seems to be as clever as ever.

Well, I have to say that as far as I remember, the Redcliffe quest and the Magi circle quest were the only ones with an easy solution. Both the Orzammar quests and the elven one, had much better moral dilemmas.

Orzammar was good, except the dungeon-crawling. But the Elves? I don't remember that much about it except it was really easy if you decided to move for reconciliation. And wanting my character to kill 'em all for playing around with me and wasting my time. I remember the sidequest with the artificer and his wife as more morally grey though.

That's why I :yucky: since Flemeth's modus operandi is to take possession of other magic users...

oh, right you are. anyway, I killed Flemeth as soon as I had the chance, Bioware should've done the same

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Orzammar was good, except the dungeon-crawling. But the Elves? I don't remember that much about it except it was really easy if you decided to move for reconciliation. And wanting my character to kill 'em all for playing around with me and wasting my time. I remember the sidequest with the artificer and his wife as more morally grey though.

It's not that difficult to reconcile them but you lose the help of one of the most powerful elven mages (in case you wanted to side with the elves) or of the werewolves (in case you wanted to side with them).

So, maybe it's an easy choice from a 'moral' point of view, but from a practical standpoint it was well done (though, the fact that the role of your allies is really downplayed in the end, made this practical/moral contrast less pronounced and much less interesting).

It's not that difficult to reconcile them but you lose the help of one of the most powerful elven mages (in case you wanted to side with the elves) or of the werewolves (in case you wanted to side with them).

So, maybe it's an easy choice from a 'moral' point of view, but from a practical standpoint it was well done (though, the fact that the role of your allies is really downplayed in the end, made this practical/moral contrast less pronounced and much less interesting).

That's probably why I don't remember it in well, and now that you point it out it's decent, though if it had any real impact it'd be great. Now that I think about it, I need to reinstall the game and not patch it so that I can get the proper ending myself.

That's why I :lol: since Flemeth's modus operandi is to take possession of other magic users...

oh, right you are. anyway, I killed Flemeth as soon as I had the chance, Bioware should've done the same

At some point after killing her (IIRC) Morrigan tells you that she'll respawn someday anyway, so it didn't really matter.

Thinking back, I should've left Flemeth alone. She was a lot less annoying than Morrigan. A bit of Sarah Connor Syndrome would've done Morri good.

At some point after killing her (IIRC) Morrigan tells you that she'll respawn someday anyway, so it didn't really matter.

Thinking back, I should've left Flemeth alone. She was a lot less annoying than Morrigan. A bit of Sarah Connor Syndrome would've done Morri good.

oh, I don't remember Morrigan saying that :lol:

I approach quests from a more pragmatical point of view, and killing Flemeth rewarded more XP than letting her live :lol:

Walsingham said:

Note that :

1) Morrigan says that Flemeth will probably respawn. Probably being the keyword. I know, I know, narrative conventions and all that jazz mean that Flemeth will surely return, but she still didn't confirm it.

2) The actual Hawke - Flemeth encounter depicted in the screenshot occurs at the beginning of the game, while Hawke is escaping Lothering, so technically, Flemeth would have been still alive, regardless on whether you killed her or not with your Grey Warden.

Wait... there's a consequence for going to the mages circle? I never noticed 'anything', and you have to go to the mages circle sooner or later anyway so it does'nt really take any extra time. And it's not like the kid murders half of his own family due to you taking the slow way.

I went to Redcliffe first in my game.

I had no idea that I could count on a different plot area to save Connor while I had to deal with it.

The unfortunate thing is that they don't make you choose there (as they should have), but unless you've already been to the Mage Tower, it's a pretty baffling roleplaying decision to not do something. Pretty much metagaming IMO.

I wouldn't be surprised if people typically clear out an area before moving on to the next, if they can. I did the same in Alpha Protocol as well.

Edited by Thorton_AP

I've wondered for some time whether Flemeth takes over Morrigan by the end of the game regardless of your actions, to be honest.

The whole initial surprise from Morrigan over being forced to go with the Warden then a last minute reveal that Morrigan knew all along and it was all a plot by Flemeth made me wonder if it was a plot, but only to insinuate Morrigan in the party while Flemeth prepared to take her over and get the opportunity to do the Dark Ritual. That Morrigan still goes along with Flemeth's plan even after killing Flemeth just struck me as potentially at odds with Morrigan at the begining of the game.