Dragon Age 2

Oh boy, are we going to have an old fashioned Bioware bash?

Let me get my anti-dialogue wheel cudgel.

Save some time and copy paste the previous Volo vs. the world discussion :D

Hate the living, love the dead.

Can't wait to clear endless caverns of same old mobs over and over again! But at least the game is longer :)

MOAR FIGHTING IN TUNNELS.

This is the bit Bio are good at, not soppy romances or silly fan-fic style back stories.

DA:3 TACTICS: MOAR TUNNEL COMBAT is the title we are all waiting for.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Let me get my anti-dialogue wheel cudgel.

Save some time and copy paste the previous Volo vs. the world discussion :D

That would be cheating.

Nah, though I believe that calling them one of the most creative developer in the industry is greatly exaggerating.

I shouldn't have to remind you who you're dealing with here.

Nah, though I believe that calling them one of the most creative developer in the industry is greatly exaggerating.

I shouldn't have to remind you who you're dealing with here.

I know who we're dealing with, but if properly stimulated he'll post his absolute truth charts about Bioware video games' quality to explain why he isn't a fanboy, and that greatly amuses me.

How is exaggertaing? There are very developers who can be argued to be as creative or mroe creative than BIO.

And, please don't claim Obsidian with their game log of NWN2, KOTOR2, DS3, ME3:AP, Aliens: Canceled Before Eaten, or FO3.5:LV.

Or Troika with their popular D7D module, their vampire game 'sequel', and Arcanum (the only with real creativty with it).

BIO went from making medical software to making video games. That says everything I need to know.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Volly, I don't want to be rude, but look outside the window.

WRPG's developers are far from the only developers in the industry.

I won't say more, because quite frankly, it would start another ****storm debate."

I haven't forgotten non Western rpg developers. In fact, some of my fave devs are from non westernrpghs devs. Nice try, though. I wa sjust sticking with rpgs since this is a rpg based developer forum.

And, lying is rude. You meant to be rude.

This still doesn't change the fact that BIO is one of the most creative game developers in the industry no matte the genre no matter the country.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Can't wait to clear endless caverns of same old mobs over and over again! But at least the game is longer :)

MOAR FIGHTING IN TUNNELS.

This is the bit Bio are good at, not soppy romances or silly fan-fic style back stories.

DA:3 TACTICS: MOAR TUNNEL COMBAT is the title we are all waiting for.

But will it include Leliana singing with a vuvuzela concerto playing the background music?!

Hate the living, love the dead.

Hmmm. The +5 Armour O' Spikiness.

It feels a bit Dark Sun for some reason. Maybe the desolate landscape, it has a sort of fantasy PA feel which could be potentially quite interesting. Hawke looks like a younger, well-fed Duncan. I still don't want to play a pre-defined character or be a tamagotchi in Dave's fantasy novel.

sonsofgygax.JPG

I don't understand why Bio are flinging all these screenies at us when clearly NONE of them are actually in fully fledged environments. Just about every single one of them are half-done stuff placed in the middle of nowhere.

Still, I think from Flemeth et al we can pretty much confirm the Anime Style. I guess that'll go great with their Dragon Age anime, Dragon Age figurines, Dragon Age plush toys, Dragon Age toothbrushes and Dragon Age lunchboxes.

(You'd think I'm being hyperbolic here, except the first two are already real, eh?)

Result of hype round 1: Dragon Age 2 will hurt your eyes.

I don't understand why Bio are flinging all these screenies at us when clearly NONE of them are actually in fully fledged environments. Just about every single one of them are half-done stuff placed in the middle of nowhere.

Still, I think from Flemeth et al we can pretty much confirm the Anime Style. I guess that'll go great with their Dragon Age anime, Dragon Age figurines, Dragon Age plush toys, Dragon Age toothbrushes and Dragon Age lunchboxes.

(You'd think I'm being hyperbolic here, except the first two are already real, eh?)

Result of hype round 1: Dragon Age 2 will hurt your eyes.

Over on Bio threads there are people complaining that Bio aren't throwing MORE information/screenshots/movies at them. Guess they can't win.

*shrug*

Don't see how is it being popular enough to have all the derivative merchandising is a bad thing.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

The Flemeth pic in a higher resolution:
Identity confirmed?

I'm with Thorton_AP here, she looks like someone out of Conan or Red Sonja.

Based on everything that I've read on the DA2 boards, it was revealed in an article in "Game Informer".

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

What about Flemeth's picture posted here makes it "Dragon Age Anime?"

she looks like that witch from final fantasy 8, the name escapes me. but, yeah, I'd have to agree, these screenshots remind me of Square's CGIs a lot

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

The Flemeth pic in a higher resolution:
Identity confirmed?

I'm with Thorton_AP here, she looks like someone out of Conan or Red Sonja.

she vague reminds Gromnir o' mellisan (sp?) from tob, but if those inexplicable armoured boots gots high heels as in the concept art...

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)