Dragon Age 2

Arrows. Not magic thought, they probably will have a predefined fighter class set up for this fellow.

No, you can have a mage Hawke. Beyond that, yeah is Dragon Effect.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

What I find funny is, people are criticizing the plot of this new game. Which is strange, considering this is perhaps one that's had the most promise in a long time. No secret orinization, no ancient evil race that needs stoping. A personal story about the rise to power of a character named Hawke, that is told over a ten year period. Far superior to join elite organisation and stomp ancient evil, then live happily ever after with archetype bitch. But I guess in the end, people like that more.

Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Interesting.

So.. 'Hawke' can be male or female.. The story set up is defintitely different than the typical BIO game. With the combat, I might actually prefer the PC evrsion of DA2 unlike DA1 where the console version was vastly supeiror.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Anyone else think it looks like crap?

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Anyone else think it looks like crap?

the pc models looks more detailed than the da:o versions... the ogres appear less detailed.

am also not pleased with bio's attempts to "hot rod the art." dragon age... to the extreme! dunno, but adding big spikes and pitted metal to makes edgy and kewl would not have been the direction we would have chosen.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

So.. 'Hawke' can be male or female.. The story set up is defintitely different than the typical BIO game. With the combat, I might actually prefer the PC evrsion of DA2 unlike DA1 where the console version was vastly supeiror.

Apart from lack of memory leaks, how was the console version superior?

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I don't think we have a fair look of where the art direction is going yet. I mean, there's reasonable evidence to suggest they're going for idiotic anime characters with big spiky bits, but who knows about the environments?

I don't like the art style that we've seen so far. Too much spikes on everything so far. Naturally a different part of Thedas needs a different art direction when it comes to environment, cities etc. But all those spiky bits just look stupid.

Hate the living, love the dead.

I don't like the art style that we've seen so far. Too much spikes on everything so far. Naturally a different part of Thedas needs a different art direction when it comes to environment, cities etc. But all those spiky bits just look stupid.

PC armor is okay, it's the darkspawn armor that is terrible. Half naked with spikes and a loincloth is not a good look.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

I don't think we have a fair look of where the art direction is going yet. I mean, there's reasonable evidence to suggest they're going for idiotic anime characters with big spiky bits, but who knows about the environments?
Right, blame it on anime. Again. :grin:

Because the west never had big boobed scantily clad women, oversized spiky shoulder pads of doom or anything of the sort.

Edited by Oner

Apart from lack of memory leaks, how was the console version superior?

What lack of memory leaks? They were certainly there on the PS3 version, along with the skip a frame or two every few seconds issue specific to that platform.

So yeah, it's kind of like this:

DAO PC version

Huge void of emptiness

Some more empty space

NWN OC

DAO console versions

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Right, blame it on anime. Again. :shifty:

Because the west never had big boobed scantily clad women, oversized spiky shoulder pads of doom or anything of the sort.

you are right that it is unfair to blame anime, but that doesn't change the fact that such nonsense... sucks. not matter if is anime inspired or not. mature & dark as described by developers on the bio boards has quickly become something o' a joke. mature= exposed b00bies, and dark = arterial spray? is not anime's fault, but whenever we sees animated storytelling that suffers from shallow character development, a ridiculous plot, and a visual "style" that inspires groans/eye-rolling, we cannot help but draw comparisons to typical anime. thankfully da characters and plot ain't as horrible as anime standard. darkspawn ain't the result o' Nature punishing mankind for his environmental transgressions... and the Hero ain't a teen-aged girl with superpowers, or a milquetoast middle-school boy with a big heart destined to save the world/galaxy/universe with the power o' love. nevertheless, the look o' da is creeping ever closer to typical anime excess.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

you are right that it is unfair to blame anime, but that doesn't change the fact that such nonsense... sucks. not matter if is anime inspired or not. mature & dark as described by developers on the bio boards has quickly become something o' a joke. mature= exposed b00bies, and dark = arterial spray? is not anime's fault, but whenever we sees animated storytelling that suffers from shallow character development, a ridiculous plot, and a visual "style" that inspires groans/eye-rolling, we cannot help but draw comparisons to typical anime. thankfully da characters and plot ain't as horrible as anime standard. darkspawn ain't the result o' Nature punishing mankind for his environmental transgressions... and the Hero ain't a teen-aged girl with superpowers, or a milquetoast middle-school boy with a big heart destined to save the world/galaxy/universe with the power o' love. nevertheless, the look o' da is creeping ever closer to typical anime excess.

HA! Good Fun!

To be fair Gromnir, most of the 'typical anime' you're talking about doesn't bill itself as 'mature' as Dragon Age does.

Huh.

Is it wrong that what I've seen so far of the new direction DA2 is taking (art style and otherwise) has me reconsidering my decision not to buy Leliana's Song?

Nobody's "blaming" anime. Just take a look at some of the concept art, it's very much going for one of the dominant anime art styles. Overreaction much? :shifty:

Anyway, what I really want is better tactical combat.

Huh.

Is it wrong that what I've seen so far of the new direction DA2 is taking (art style and otherwise) has me reconsidering my decision not to buy Leliana's Song?

There's a lot of really neat small things in that mini campaign. I really REALLY like it, but I guess not everybody would.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

HA! Good Fun!

To be fair Gromnir, most of the 'typical anime' you're talking about doesn't bill itself as 'mature' as Dragon Age does.

anime maturity = the depicted girls being sexually assaulted is at least of middle school age.

anime notions o' maturity is far more skewed than biowarian efforts.

HA! Good Fun!

There's a lot of really neat small things in that mini campaign. I really REALLY like it, but I guess not everybody would.

Is it tied in at all with the main story?

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

With the combat, I might actually prefer the PC evrsion of DA2 unlike DA1 where the console version was vastly supeiror.

WAT.

Proof that Volo indeed does live in a parallel universe but his internet connects to ours somehow.