Dragon Age 2

we may not be getting martin kind dark in the da universe, but that ain't what folks were asking for, were they? in martin's book, the incestuous relationship is portrayed as something terribly wrong and destructive. am not thinking that those asking for a da2 incest romance wanted Dirty & Wrong... they wanted the twisted (and disturbingly common) anime portrayal o' incest.

am not surprised that the fans o' bio asked for such nonsense. heck, every time a crpg gets released, the hardcore fo fans wanna know why it isn't possible to kill/torture/rape every npc in the game. expect widespread nonsense is probable the best course o' action.

HA! Good Fun!

ps da was s'posed to be dark, but not too dark.

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

This thread took on a life of its own.

One day I'm reading an argument about the combat system, then I miss a few pages and stumble upon a discussion of incest.

I wonder what topic will creep up if I skip reading this thread until the weekend?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Good to see Dave give the wierdos on the Bio forums a well-deserved slap-down.

If only the same treatment had been given to the weirdos begging for human-on-lizard action in ME2...

Anyhow, I'm glad that Bioware is re-assessing its design decisions on DAO for the sequel. I doubt that all of the decisions based on said reassessment will be in-tune with my particular tastes, but there's really isn't enough information out there right now for me to judge that. More importantly, in a gaming world positively swarming with 'more of the same' sequels to AAA titles, it's good that Bio is looking for avenues of improvement. (Plus, DAO, while being overall a worthwhile title, was not without its dubious design points.)

This thread took on a life of its own.

One day I'm reading an argument about the combat system, then I miss a few pages and stumble upon a discussion of incest.

I wonder what topic will creep up if I skip reading this thread until the weekend?

in the past, if a thread survived long enough on a da board it would eventually became a romance thread... and all such threads eventually became gay-romance threads. perhaps the amine fans, seeing the success o' the gay-romance lobby is simply trying top replicate results. am hoping that anime freaks and japanese posters is not so vocal and aggressive as were the same-sex lobby for da.

edit:

"Anyhow, I'm glad that Bioware is re-assessing its design decisions on DAO for the sequel. I doubt that all of the decisions based on said reassessment will be in-tune with my particular tastes, but there's really isn't enough information out there right now for me to judge that. More importantly, in a gaming world positively swarming with 'more of the same' sequels to AAA titles, it's good that Bio is looking for avenues of improvement. (Plus, DAO, while being overall a worthwhile title, was not without its dubious design points.) "

some o' the improvements... ain't. given the unexpectedly fast design cycle for da2, we suspect that stuff like dialogue wheel is being added to speed up the process as 'posed to being introduced as a genuine attempt to improve the da franchise. writing emotes is far less time consuming for the writers. makes human-only also allows improvement o' the human models without having to address elves and dwarves.

fix the spell lists in a way that matches some o' Gromnir's initial suggestions regarding da magic? sure, sounds like a good idea... though we is admitted biased. regardless, many da2 improvements seem as much geared towards speeding up the design process as they is genuine improvements. did we mention how much we hates when a developer tries to dupe fans into believing that their cost and resource saving options is innovative features?

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

So you're... upset at no more expansions?

Nope, just find it funny how they made these big talks how they got 2 years worth of expansions and dlcs planned out and then they release 1 expansion and 5? really short dlcs for the game before announcing that the sequel is coming out in like 6-8 months. They even had that release date printed and shipped out with Awakenings, which makes it sound like they scrapped their plans really early on. Unless for some bizarre reason they will still continue making expansions and dlc for DAO even after DA2 comes out.

NWN was also going to have tons of free modules and work associated with it. That didn't end up happening either.

There are still more DLC in the pipe for DAO though aren't there? I don't play DLC so I don't really know. Just what I heard.

The whole DAO DLC thing has seemed really haphazard and uncontrolled- it's like absolutely no planning had taken place beforehand. DAA has so many critical bugs and issues (still unfixed, but with a patch in approval ATM) it's downright worrying. The ME2 DLC is somewhat better, with apparently at least some kind of strategic plan in place, but the DAO DLC is not showing any signs of it. More like they are airing their proof-of-concepts to the people (DAA is promising in a "more interesting campaign with actual villains and better level design" way, and Leliana's Song is pretty interesting in the "more cinematic" way).

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Please only post massive images if they have a shred of funny in them, kthxbai

I don't know how it turned out in the end or if it's even out, but I really think the Darkspawn Chronicles is a great idea and is the ONLY DAO DLC so far that really shows the true capabilities of DLCs done right. Add exciting content that enriches the game and does things only a DLC can do, not horse armour.

Anora getting skewered with what looks like a two handed dagger by the Whitman Fever-suffering Gray Warden not funny? Pish-posh.

I don't know how it turned out in the end or if it's even out, but I really think the Darkspawn Chronicles is a great idea and is the ONLY DAO DLC so far that really shows the true capabilities of DLCs done right. Add exciting content that enriches the game and does things only a DLC can do, not horse armour.

I disagree, I think Leliana's Song is light years above Darkspawn Chronicles, for the same reasons.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I expected more out of a developing company, not something that is just like a mod

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I expected more out of a developing company, not something that is just like a mod

[devil's advocate]You could argue that Fallout : New Vegas is just a big total conversion mod![/devil's advocate]

*escapes*

*returns to explain* Yeah, I know it's not true Mr. Sawyer...

[devil's advocate]You could argue that Fallout : New Vegas is just a big total conversion mod![/devil's advocate]

*escapes*

You will be sleeping with the fishes before the day is over....

Hate the living, love the dead.

*escapes*

You will be sleeping with the fishes before the day is over....

But it was a joke.. :ermm:

By the way the argument was popular back when the first screenshots of New Vegas appeared, and it is, still, though less so. Also, I don't honestly see why Bioware shouldn't release something that has the same premise of a mod, though you'd expect them to do something of higher quality.

But it was a joke.. :(

We don't take kindly to that kind of humor here :bat: Now drop them panties and squeal like a pig :)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I see they are going to turn this into a game that has your character predefined. Well if that is the case, they just lost a future sale. Part of a role playing game is the ability to make choices, in character creation and in the game world itself. Since they want to eliminate choices in the game they might as well turn this into a shooter and perhaps call it Mass Effect with Swords.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Since they want to eliminate choices in the game they might as well turn this into a shooter and perhaps call it Mass Effect with Swords.

Didn't they basically say that's exactly what they're doing? Though more Mass Effect 2.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Arrows. Not magic thought, they probably will have a predefined fighter class set up for this fellow.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

"Part of a role playing game is the ability to make choices, in character creation and in the game world itself."

So.. you didn't buy and/or enjoy games like AP, ME series, and PST?

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.