Dragon Age 2

We have two new screenshots from german mag GameStar.

Look at them here and here.

Looks awful, I think it is even worse than DA:O on lowest settings.

Journos gushing over gfx improvements are rather amusing.

Das etablierte Kampfsystem von Dragon Age: Origins mit Pause-Modus,

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The new info in general doesn't say much, but what exactly does more dynamic action mean? More animations? more combat-moves? more skills that will results in the previous two points? What?

I think they've actually talked about less talents but upgradeable.

EDIT : Note that they've changed the screenshots on GameInformer with some 'updated' versions : DA2firstscreen2v2.jpg

DA2firstscreen1v2.jpg

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

What ****ing terrible graphics. You know, if Alpha Protocol can be ripped for graphics when it looked better than DA:O, this better be completely slaughtered for looking worse than DA:O.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

The new info in general doesn't say much, but what exactly does more dynamic action mean? More animations? more combat-moves? more skills that will results in the previous two points? What?

:shrugz: I think there will be greater changes than that.

You know, if Alpha Protocol can be ripped for graphics when it looked better than DA:O, this better be completely slaughtered for looking worse than DA:O.

It is made by Bioware. Even if those screens were final, DA2 reviews would be praising the graphics.

It reminds me a bit when a movie trailer hits the screens (or net) and people complain about the CGI while not bothering to realize that the CGI in movies is usually finished weeks (if not days) before the release and whatever is in the trailer - which is compiled months beforehand - is (baring a total lack of funding) not what is going to be in the final product.

They are early screenshots. I'd be a lot more concerned (not really, but its the best word I can come up with) if those were new screenshots and it was being released today.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

It is made by Bioware. Even if those screens were final, DA2 reviews would be praising the graphics.

I agree, but it's a double edged sword. Take those screenshots and say Obsidian made them, and people here would be defending them.

Frankly I think the technical quality of the characters look fine. To me there's a lack of geometry in the scene in general to really make a qualitative assessment of the graphical capabilities of this game.

I think most people complaining about the graphics are probably more not fans of the art style. But like the one fellow was complaining about the ground texture, but it looks like a rocky ground with reddish sand/dirt strewn upon it. Given the area appears to be some sort of a wasteland, I'm not sure what more he was expecting.

I think most people complaining about the graphics are probably more not fans of the art style. But like the one fellow was complaining about the ground texture, but it looks like a rocky ground with reddish sand/dirt strewn upon it. Given the area appears to be some sort of a wasteland, I'm not sure what more he was expecting.

Something that didn't look blurry and low res? :shrugz:

I personally don't care much about graphics, and I'm sure that by the time DAII comes out it will be a fine looking game, but those ground textures, the general lack of lighting are really impossible to defend.

You know, if Alpha Protocol can be ripped for graphics when it looked better than DA:O, this better be completely slaughtered for looking worse than DA:O.

If there's one thing most reviewers get right, no matter how biased they may be, it's the graphics.

If there's one thing most reviewers get right, no matter how biased they may be, it's the graphics.

You mean when they talk about Bio games, or in general?

In general.

It is kind of hard to straight out lie about that since you have screenshots right next to the review and there's really no subjectivity about that.

Edited by Purkake

In general.

It is kind of hard to straight out lie about that since you have screenshots right next to the review and there's really no subjectivity about that.

Are those the same reviewers that called F3's graphics beautiful?

In general.

Are those the same reviewers that called F3's graphics beautiful?

And AP PS2-grade. And Singularity butt ugly.

I personally don't care much about graphics, and I'm sure that by the time DAII comes out it will be a fine looking game, but those ground textures, the general lack of lighting are really impossible to defend.

Lighting is a valid complaint. All I see are shadows on the ground which is hardly impressive.

The ground though? IMO that's people just looking for something to nitpick on. I see rocky terrain with reddish dirt strewn along it. Viewed at an angle without specific focus on it.

If this is what people need to pick on to complain, then either they're just looking for more ammo, or it's more of a comment that there was nothing else that could be pointed out.