Dragon Age 2

Why every time that I read about DA:O 2 I get the bad feeling that this is just another great Idea about to be screwed by BioWare?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

So you're... upset at no more expansions?

Nope, just find it funny how they made these big talks how they got 2 years worth of expansions and dlcs planned out and then they release 1 expansion and 5? really short dlcs for the game before announcing that the sequel is coming out in like 6-8 months. They even had that release date printed and shipped out with Awakenings, which makes it sound like they scrapped their plans really early on. Unless for some bizarre reason they will still continue making expansions and dlc for DAO even after DA2 comes out.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Just imagine it was made by Obsidian. You'll probably like it more :p

:p

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

So you're... upset at no more expansions?

Nope, just find it funny how they made these big talks how they got 2 years worth of expansions and dlcs planned out and then they release 1 expansion and 5? really short dlcs for the game before announcing that the sequel is coming out in like 6-8 months. They even had that release date printed and shipped out with Awakenings, which makes it sound like they scrapped their plans really early on. Unless for some bizarre reason they will still continue making expansions and dlc for DAO even after DA2 comes out.

NWN was also going to have tons of free modules and work associated with it. That didn't end up happening either.

There are still more DLC in the pipe for DAO though aren't there? I don't play DLC so I don't really know. Just what I heard.

When is DA2 coming out?

"NWN was also going to have tons of free modules and work associated with it."

Huh? NWN had lots of modules - free and paidm for - throughout the eyars. It had 2 expansions. It also had lots of work done on it. It was being patched 5 eyars after release. And, the onyl reason why the work stopped is beause Atari got butthurt over proecting NWN2 from the Big Bad NWN1. L0LZ

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

NWN was also going to have tons of free modules and work associated with it. That didn't end up happening either.

There are still more DLC in the pipe for DAO though aren't there?

Don't know about NWN, didn'd like the original one at all.

No idea, I would imagine they would put their dlc team working on DA2 dlcs quite soon. Since they seem to like those day1 dlcs.

I don't know how big their DLC team is or who it entails, so it's hard to say.

DLC for the first game was made after content for the base game was locked down and completed, so it's entirely possible that the "DLC team" for Day One stuff simply be made up of designers and writers that have finished up with the main game as is.

I don't know how big their DLC team is or who it entails, so it's hard to say.

Haven't checked recently, but at least the first few were made with the same smallish team.

Careful there, Bioware. You are dangerously close on entering "Berserk"- and other fantasy anime-territory.

berserk_001.jpg

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Apparently GameStar has also posted a 2-pages article giving us some new info about the game.

New info (grabbed it from a summary on the Bioware's boards since my german is grade schooler level and I didn't really even check the article):

* new combo system for melee and mage classes

* finishing moves for the mages

Some characters:

Bethany: mage sister of Hawke

Cassandra: inquisitor with interest in Hawke

Varric: dwarven friend of Hawke and narrator

Flemeth will reappear

We have two new screenshots from german mag GameStar.

Look at them here and here.

Looks awful, I think it is even worse than DA:O on lowest settings.

Journos gushing over gfx improvements are rather amusing.

Das etablierte Kampfsystem von Dragon Age: Origins mit Pause-Modus,