Dragon Age 2

The screenshots don't even look like a particular area in the game, more like they've thrown the character into a proof-of-concept area to fight some darkspawn and show the combat.

Or maybe that's wishful thinking.

Whatever, at this stage of development, I wouldn't be too afraid about the graphics, there's still plenty of time to fix them and make them better.

P.S. : I'm not sure how I feel about the new art style... I guess it'll have to grow on me.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

I didn't like Dragon age 1# that much to begin with. Nothing I hear about Dragon age 2# tells me it's going to be better. One thing they could do... get rid of the setting the, Nobles, the Knights and the Blight, and start over.

It was just stupid and un-inspiring, maybe with the exception of the Dwarf cities.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

DA2 will have a new special combat system for consoles, the PC one remains the same. From Kotaku:

Another change - and this might be the biggest - is that only the PC version will retain Origins' "strategic combat". The console versions will feature a new combat system, one BioWare says plays to the strength of the control pad. "Rather than try to mimic the PC experience on consoles", the GI report states, "Dragon Age II has a battle system more tailored to the strengths of the PS3 and 360."

Don't think it was the smartest idea on Bio's part to release these screenies, as Worst says it just looks like a testing area, and apart from the swordsman, who's clearly had attention paid to, it just looks like, I don't know, tinkering on the NWN2 toolset.

We'll see..it's the environments and architecture that make it for me, anyway.

To be honest I don't think I've seen such an overwhelmingly negative reaction to Bioware releasing screenshots since a long time.

While I don't honestly believe that this will be the visual quality of the final game, I'm honestly worried that Electronic Arts is trying to rush them (just look at what happened with Awakening)... :ermm:

"To be honest I don't think I've seen such an overwhelmingly negative reaction to Bioware releasing screenshots since a long time."

Nah. The trend with BIO games is they get bashed when first announced and then get praised to the lead up, and then sell like hotcakes with mostly praise alonmjg with a vocal minority who 'knowq' it sucks. Then repeat. Afterall, DA1 was harpooned huge during its media blitz and we know that turned out. Same with ME2.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I didn't like Dragon age 1# that much to begin with. Nothing I hear about Dragon age 2# tells me it's going to be better. One thing they could do... get rid of the setting the, Nobles, the Knights and the Blight, and start over.

It was just stupid and un-inspiring, maybe with the exception of the Dwarf cities.

This time it will be completely original. You spend ten years gathering the most psychotic and dangerous allies from all over Thedas. You also build up your castle, Normandy. Finally, it all culminates in a gigantic battle against your arch-enemy, the Assemblers.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

To be honest I don't think I've seen such an overwhelmingly negative reaction to Bioware releasing screenshots since a long time.

While I don't honestly believe that this will be the visual quality of the final game, I'm honestly worried that Electronic Arts is trying to rush them (just look at what happened with Awakening)... :ermm:

vol is sorta correct.

first screenies and concept art for da were reviled by many. 'course, vol is wrong that things got better regarding art. there were always a vocal group who complained every time art/images were released. looks too lotr. dragon proportions is wrong. character models look too generic. etc. 'course, even the title of Dragon Age: Origins were criticized.

*shrug*

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

What was the 2 year plan for DAO?

2 years of continuing dlc options. in any event, they may need 2 years to gets out a 1.05 patch.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Those screenshots have to be seriously early in the game's development. They have to.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Its the same engine, right? So why would the graphics be different from Origins?

The art style is very different from a graphics engine though.

I know one of the big complaints about DAO was that its graphics were bland, boring, and generic. I have to admit I'm not too surprised by some of the BioBoarders that made such complaints are complaining about how the original game looked fine :ermm: