Dragon Age 2

And Grom is right, a soppy emo vampire CRPG is only a matter of time for Bio. They would be the perfect dev for such a game, seriously.

No way this is gonna happen. Look what happened to Troika. Bioware doesn't need to lower itself to vampires & co.

Ah, but emo and angsty vampires are having a major comeback to the "majority" population again. Note the sheer abundance of tv shows, urban fantasy book series, and films out ... You expect a publisher is going to skip out on the idea of catching onto some of that? I'm not saying it would definitely happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Leper RPG. You play as a leper, and you have to win before all of you falls off.

What?

Lepers are misunderstood social outcasts. Surely the teens will love it.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Ugh this sounds SO terrible.

You know what I'm going to do?

I'm going to post about how bad it sounds over and over again for the next 8 months. Then I'm gonna buy it. Then I'm gonna come back and complain about how terrible it REALLY was. Then I'm gonna wait patiently and talk about how terrible the sequel will be until that comes out and I can buy it.

Leper RPG. You play as a leper, and you have to win before all of you falls off.

What?

I know you were joking but I think that could actually be used as an effective gameplay mechanic.

Ugh this sounds SO terrible.

You know what I'm going to do?

I'm going to post about how bad it sounds over and over again for the next 8 months. Then I'm gonna buy it. Then I'm gonna come back and complain about how terrible it REALLY was. Then I'm gonna wait patiently and talk about how terrible the sequel will be until that comes out and I can buy it.

Welcome to the internet, sparky.

sonsofgygax.JPG

This was going to be a day 1 purchase for me. I loved the first one and I feel that the different story approach seems interesting at least.

...then I saw the part about the dialogue wheel.

It works in ME and it works in AP. But in Dragon Age? Really? The tactical game play of the first game really doesn't lend itself to cinematic storytelling. The transition between the two always felt jarring to me. So now I'm actually hesitant.

And Grom is right, a soppy emo vampire CRPG is only a matter of time for Bio. They would be the perfect dev for such a game, seriously.

So Twilight: The game is being developed. Goody! ;)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

So Twilight: The game is being developed. Goody! ;)

Meh, you guys are slow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd-21k_BSFQ

Oh yeah, there will be an MMO too.

Edited by Oner

Only part that sounds even remotely interesting so far is that it is planned to span over a decade. A lot can change in that time so it could bring a lot of choices that will shape the gameworld.

Of course, getting one's hopes for up for it at this point is just silly.

This was going to be a day 1 purchase for me. I loved the first one and I feel that the different story approach seems interesting at least.

It works in ME and it works in AP. But in Dragon Age? Really? The tactical game play of the first game really doesn't lend itself to cinematic storytelling. The transition between the two always felt jarring to me. So now I'm actually hesitant.

I love the dialog wheel and how nicely it works with a mouse, much better than Alpha Protocol's janky thing.

What?

Thomas Covenant RPG would be nice.

If developers are going to use a pre-defined protagonist, why not take a good one? Covenant starts out as an annoying, whiny brat that eventuallly comes to grip with himself & his condition and becomes a great hero. Sounds as perfect BioWare material.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I love the dialog wheel and how nicely it works with a mouse, much better than Alpha Protocol's janky thing.

Wasn't referring to the controls though. Just how it fits into the overall game experience. I think the mechanic is a good fit for the ME games, I think it's bad for DA.

It's just a mechanic, why is picking an option from a list better for DA than picking one from a ring?

Because it fits the old school feel that DA:O was trying to emulate. Really trying

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Only part that sounds even remotely interesting so far is that it is planned to span over a decade. A lot can change in that time.

Actually, I'd like to see a ten-year romance cycle for the player character:

Years 1-2: Oh, baby, my nubile elf romance NPC-stress, love that jiggle-tech! (makes mad passionate love)

Years 2-3: We're married, I hate your 8000 year old mother, we still make mad passionate love but only at the weekends in the most expensive tavern in Lothering :: sigh ::

Years 4-8: Kids. Bloody kids. I'm spending more time at the dungeon, the food fairy won't feed those brats and keep you in new wizard robes, and yes I've cleaned the horse this morning.

Years 9-10: That new rogue chick I've been adventuring with, I'm sorry, it just happened after we found the secret door and she was wearing that leather armour, the stuff with the thigh boots? I know she's ten years younger than you darling, but I've been wondering about where our marriage was going for a while and, y'know, she really understands me... whaddya mean you get the keep, both my war dogs and 75% of the gold? WTF!

sonsofgygax.JPG

Play some IE games if you want old-skool.

I prefer the wheel. It looks so more...ergonomic. ;)

So you prefer to guess what your PC is going to say?

With bad voiceacting to boot? :ermm:

Because that was my experience with the wheel in ME.

Wasn't nice. At all.

What do you mean with "guess". I knew exactly what I was saying in ME. And what do you mean with bad VO? Jennifer Hale rocks. And you haven't heard Hawke yet.

What do you mean with "guess". I knew exactly what I was saying in ME. And what do you mean with bad VO? Jennifer Hale rocks. And you haven't heard Hawke yet.

E.g. summary was something among the lines of 'you should have informed the husband about that'.

What Shepard does?

Grabs the guy by the collar and threatens him among the line of 'go and inform the family'.

NICE!

Alpha Protocol had the same problem.

I haven't played mass effect 1 or 2 so I don't know what you are talking about, but having an alternative dialogue system isn't the end of the world. And I'm very conservative (small 'c') when it comes to CRPG stuff.

sonsofgygax.JPG