Dragon Age 2

Hell is Leliana singing nonstop with vuvuzelas in the background.

Well.. the song/music was okay by itself. If you just listen to the soundtrack it's fairly decent. It was just fairly horrible within the game. Mostly because of the really bizarre expressions on everyones faces during that cinematic.... :shifty:

Looking at the scene again on youtube(yes, I'm that masochistic), it was mostly the randomness of it, the total disconnect of the animations and the music and of course the invisible orchestra that comes out of nowhere, cringe-tastic.

I didn't mind the song first time around even with some of the weird face and camera shots (and I forgive the orchestra for swelling just as I do in the cinema).

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Sounds like they're doing with Dragon Age 2 what they did with Mass Effect 2, which is dive even further into the action combat realm. I won't complain too much, as ME2's combat didn't bother me like it did some other fans of ME1, so long as they focus on the story.

I don't mind the fact that you can't play as elves or dwarves, but I hope there's still some freedom in creating your PC. I also don't want Hawke to be Morrigan's love child with the Warden. That would be dumb.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The Bio boards were once quite enjoyable, that is before Kotor launched.

Alpha Protocol has also attracted some pretty... unique people, but luckily they stay in the AP section most of the time.

Edited by Purkake

I'm honored, but that doesn't get you off the hook for not liking voiced PCs. State your reasons.

What if I don't like full VO because it tends to lead to characters being conspicuously silent when something comes up that they would have an opinion on and makes for crappy DLC where no one speaks because the developers are too cheap to shell out for more VO?

There's nothing stopping the developers from adding comments from the PC as well, that is not a failure of full VO, but a failure on the developers' part. Same for crappy DLC.

That doesn't mean you can't dislike it, I was just asking for Worst's reasons for disliking it because he hadn't commented on that yet.

There's nothing stopping the developers from adding comments from the PC as well, that is not a failure of full VO, but a failure on the developers' part. Same for crappy DLC.

You're right, but I wasn't so much speaking about PC's as I was about NPC companions.

One way to handle it in a manner is along the lines of Saints Row 2.. the main character had a lot of spoken dialogue.. but they recorded it with 6 people (3 male, 3 female) so you could choose which suited your character perception the most.. I mean, okay, it basically split it up by "brit guy, black ghetto guy, hispanic guy, miss americana, black chick and hispanic girl" but it was one way to do it.. rather then just provide a single choice that might be at total variance with your view...

With the budget Bioware seems to spend these days on VO, I wouldn't imagine that approach would be too difficult... :o

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

"Dragon Age 2 thrusts players into the role of Hawke, a penniless refugee who rises to power to become the single most important character in the world of Dragon Age"

Damn, now there's an original storyline - with a vengeance. A beggar who'll become "THE CHOSEN ONE", who must choose (the weapon of choice) !

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

I'd rather have 2 good voice performances than 6 mediocre ones. At some point it will start cutting into the script length as well.

And it's not like you'll know which ones are better when you pick it.

Edited by Purkake

You'll still have a limited budget, it's cheaper to bring in 6 crappy voice actors than pay for 6 awesome ones.

I would also think that they have auditions before choosing them.

Edited by Purkake

So, the main PC is not a gray warden this time?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy