Spy films similar to Alpha Protocol

Well, I'm done with my first playthrough, and I feel like watching films. What non-James Bond/Jason Bourne/Jack Bauer flicks capture the sort of espionage setting and tone of AP?

I'd say:

Spy Game

Body of Lies

Traitor

The Recruit

Syriana

Vantage Point

True Lies? :p

Also of interest, might be the Bourne Identity that was made back in the early/mid eighties.. and I believe Richard Chamberlain was playing Bourne if I recall correctly.

It actually hewed closer to the original book for about 80% of the movie...

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Honestly, I think the on-screen portrayal that mirrors Alpha Protocol the best isn't a film. It's a '90s straight-to-cable TV series: La Femme Nikita. Sure, the protagonist is a bombshell blonde, but the trust-no-one environment with focus on personal relationships between field agents, handlers on an earpiece, and the mysterious motivations of the organization they all work for is spot on.

" but the trust-no-one environment with focus on personal relationships between field agents, handlers on an earpiece, and the mysterious motivations of the organization they all work for is spot on. "

You just described every spy focused genre piece ever.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Shooter? Syriana?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Syriana was cited as similar to/ an inspiration for Alpha Protocol at one stage. And it is 'referenced' (Leland as an off the top of head example).

To be honest though, Syriana was cited as an influence during the 'Mitsoda days'. Not much of that kind of feel is in the final product.

Syriana was cited as similar to/ an inspiration for Alpha Protocol at one stage. And it is 'referenced' (Leland as an off the top of head example).

To be honest though, Syriana was cited as an influence during the 'Mitsoda days'. Not much of that kind of feel is in the final product.

It's definitely not as dark or serious as Syriana, that's for sure.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"