Alpha Protocol Fanfiction - G22

Hello folks!

I just finished writing a continuation to the G22/Sis/Albatross plotline and have been working hard to share this with fellow Alpha Protocol fans. I've whipped up a downloadable PDF complete with several edited in-game screenshots to make reading more fun for you guys.

Warning: People who have yet to finish the Alpha Protocol main story might want to hold back on reading until they do because my story contains a few minor spoilers. It is also advised (but not required) that the reader have completed the G22/Sis/Albatross storyline.

Follow this link to download the PDF file containing the story (file size is 1.9 mb):

http://drop.io/Alpha_Protocol_G22_Full_HQ/...g22-full-hq-pdf

Should look like this:

dropdownload1.jpg

Note: This is a completely non-commercial fan-work.

Feel free to leave a comment after finishing the story, constructive feedback is always welcome!

Happy reading :down:

/Mike

startscreenv1.jpg

Sweet! Finally, some AP fanfiction goodness. Been looking for this.

Why not just put it up on fanfiction.net?

There's no section for AP on FF.net... yet.

"I'll be with you in two shakes of a high-explosive device cleverly disguised as a lamb's tail."

Will start?

I'm sure you could find some right now...

The real question is whether there is already furry fanfic of Alpha Protocol

*goes to open mouth, but abruptly closes it again*

*attempts again, but again abruptly closes it*

*finally gets a few words out*

How... why... who... the internet is a horrible place some times.

"I'll be with you in two shakes of a high-explosive device cleverly disguised as a lamb's tail."

Comments on fanfic:

That was a pretty good story. Captured all the personalities pretty well. Mike being his usual smug self, Albatross being his mysterious self, Sis being her quiet and innocent self, and Heck being... uh... adjectives just can't describe him.

Anyways, it's a pretty good story. Would love to see where else the wacky adventures of Michael Thorton take him in the mysterious lands of fanficiton.

Personal thoughts:

-I honestly do think Alby knits his own scarfs. It seems like something he'd do.

-This confirms my suspicion of why Canada is so friggin' empty.

-To Steven: Nice shirt.

-Ever wonder what Heck does with all those fingers?

-First mistake: Wen is dead if Steven didn't rat you out. Still funny though.

-"Spies Enter Here." I'm gonna make that sign and hang it over the outside of my bedroom window.

-Nice detail with the signing. Never thought of that.

-Mr. Thorton clearly is bad at telling time.

-Even with a dozen of fully automatic rifles pointed straight at his chest, Michael Thorton is still the joker.

-Scratch that. Make that a dozen and two.

-Aw... it's such a sweet mome-- holy ****! Grenade!

-Also, liked the reference to Splinter Cell. (Agent Fisher and Sam)

-Nice. Mike got all that ammunition, but only shot his gun maybe a few times?

-Signing: Because there are so many sweet looking mute chicks in the world.

-I wish the sound system was in the Roman safe house... that's why I made a separate save just for that thing. :3

-I love how you totally pulled off being a ninja in the photo of the safe house.

-Har. You totally went there.

-Either way, nice 'Shopping with all the pictures. Good work.

Comments on fanfic:

That was a pretty good story. Captured all the personalities pretty well. Mike being his usual smug self, Albatross being his mysterious self, Sis being her quiet and innocent self, and Heck being... uh... adjectives just can't describe him.

Anyways, it's a pretty good story. Would love to see where else the wacky adventures of Michael Thorton take him in the mysterious lands of fanficiton.

Personal thoughts:

-I honestly do think Alby knits his own scarfs. It seems like something he'd do.

-"Spies Enter Here." I'm gonna make that sign and hang it over the outside of my bedroom window.

-Even with a dozen of fully automatic rifles pointed straight at his chest, Michael Thorton is still the joker.

-I wish the sound system was in the Roman safe house... that's why I made a separate save just for that thing. :3

-I love how you totally pulled off being a ninja in the photo of the safe house.

Thanks alot for your comment :thumbsup: You've caught some of the things I had a lil' fun with, glad someone tough it was good enough to pay attention!

On Wen is dead: actually Wen was never blamed for the death of Ronald Sung in my story, since Heck never framed him. Instead Thorton was blamed for the murder. (im pretty sure this happens if Heck dislikes you, either way I wanted to add it to the story for a comical/sinister Heck moment)

On M.Thorton is bad at telling time: He was clearly mesmerized by the hot mute chick and forgot all about such a silly concept as "time" ;-P

Thanks for reading man!

Comments on fanfic:

Personal thoughts:

Thanks alot for your comment :thumbsup: You've caught some of the things I had a lil' fun with, glad someone tough it was good enough to pay attention!

On Wen is dead: actually Wen was never blamed for the death of Ronald Sung in my story, since Heck never framed him. Instead Thorton was blamed for the murder. (im pretty sure this happens if Heck dislikes you, either way I wanted to add it to the story for a comical/sinister Heck moment)

On M.Thorton is bad at telling time: He was clearly mesmerized by the hot mute chick and forgot all about such a silly concept as "time" ;-P

Thanks for reading man!

I love when writers can actually add bits and pieces of actual 'funny' to something their writing, instead of veiled attempts at mediocre humor. Of course I'd point out these types of things when I catch them.

About Wen: Ah... see, the thing that confused me was that I knew that was possible, but, as you said, it was only if Steven blames Mike for the assassination, which requires a dislike from Steven. Just seemed a little weird for Steven to turn around help Mike later. But, then again, even if he hates you, you can get him as a handler in the Finale. Just seemed weird to me, but it does make sense.

Comments on fanfic:

Personal thoughts:

Thanks alot for your comment :) You've caught some of the things I had a lil' fun with, glad someone tough it was good enough to pay attention!

Thanks for reading man!

I love when writers can actually add bits and pieces of actual 'funny' to something their writing, instead of veiled attempts at mediocre humor. Of course I'd point out these types of things when I catch them.

About Wen: Ah... see, the thing that confused me was that I knew that was possible, but, as you said, it was only if Steven blames Mike for the assassination, which requires a dislike from Steven. Just seemed a little weird for Steven to turn around help Mike later. But, then again, even if he hates you, you can get him as a handler in the Finale. Just seemed weird to me, but it does make sense.

Thanks :x The humor came naturally since I was writing Mike as the suave/smartass version (pretty much writing him the way I played him on my first run of the game.)

Yeah there are a few more inconsistencies if you follow the main story by the letter. In my story Thorton enlisted the help of both G22 and Heck on the final mission for example, instead of choosing one. I also sorta left it hanging that Thorton was actually framed for Sung by Alpha Protocol / Leland, so Heck didn't rat him out. Wouldn't be too much of a stretch for Leland to plant some faked evidence and stir the whole thing up with the media (or just bribe some corrupt news station). On the other hand, Heck is such an unstable persona that he could easily do something like frame Mike for the murder, and then forget all about it the next day and be all chummy again :blink:

Downloaded.

I'll probably read it and comment it later, just take into account that I usually avoid fanfics.

I appreciate you giving it a chance, but don't in any way feel obligated to finish the story if it's not to your liking. Feedback is always welcome though, whatever form it may take - as long as it attempts to be constructive and help me improve as a writer.

I wouldn't worry too much about the lack of replies/comments. You get that a lot in fanfic land. I've got some fic up at ff.net and while the hit count is pretty high the reviews aren't. That said I'm writing in a fairly niche area so I'm not expecting to get buried in reviews. And the reviews I do get tend to be from the same people on a regular basis.

I'd DL'd this so will read it once I've betean AP :p

I'm afraid you might be right about the slash fic comment as I see far too much of it. Needless to say I don't read it. But you can't help but notice it.

Then of course there's the Mary Sue.... something else you see with alarming regularity.

I wouldn't worry too much about the lack of replies/comments. You get that a lot in fanfic land. I've got some fic up at ff.net and while the hit count is pretty high the reviews aren't. That said I'm writing in a fairly niche area so I'm not expecting to get buried in reviews. And the reviews I do get tend to be from the same people on a regular basis.

I'd DL'd this so will read it once I've betean AP ;)

mmh, it seems most people are put off by the fact that they have to download the file at a third party site. Was probably too much to ask for I guess. The file has been downloaded (and hopefully read) 15 times since I uploaded it. Not exactly a lot considering how many hits this thread has received. At least the (4) reviews I've received were positive.

I did request an Alpha Protocol section to be added to ff.net a few days ago so it should probably be up there soon ;)

What's your pen name at ff.net if I wanna check out some of your stuff?