Thanks for Alpha Protocol

Ulti

1) To all Flamers: I know, all major reviewers give AP a sh*** review and wont recomment buying etc.

2) i know coz you are fanbois of such pages you also blindly agree to this opintion

Now My Point:

I just want to thank you for Alpha Protocoll, its one of those games i felt my money wasn't wasted because i bought the game. And in the last time i didnt got many of those games.

Maybe im a wired guy but i also liked kotor2 and nwn2 even if a lot of people out there hate your products because of some (for me) strange reasons.

Sometime i feel im the only one liking your games when i search trough the internet.

Since i spent so many hours into Fallout i cant wait for New Vegas to waste another half year of my lifetime :-)

Please continue your good work!

I hope, that one time we will get AP 2, would be realy nice. But please make it a bit longer than AP1, and i know its difficult because your choices can change the story in so many ways.

I dont care (much) about graphics as long the gameplay / story is good !

Regards

Ulti

Edited by Ulti

Same here. I for one am glad to play something that feels fresh and that pushes for player interactivity, even in a very story-driven environment. It's too bad that some people don't see that, but whoever trusts reviews anyways (well, the EU reviews have been pretty good, so...)?

Definite thumbs up for AP as far as I'm concerned.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm FlintlockJazz, and I approve of this thread.

My avatar is animated. And I approve of this thread.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

So many Maxes. Makes me all fuzzy inside. Long live Sam&Max.

Oh, and AP too of course :shifty:.

Most critisize the combat system but I am glad there finally is a game that does combat like Deus Ex. I think it worked great there, so why do people prefer to have 100% acc without effort? :ermm:

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I appreciate what Obsidian tried to do with AP, and Im sorry it didnt turn out so well :ermm:

Most critisize the combat system but I am glad there finally is a game that does combat like Deus Ex. I think it worked great there, so why do people prefer to have 100% acc without effort? :shifty:

The combat in Deus Ex didnt work well either. And since 99% of all games have "hit where you aim" accuracy, its frustrating when you're bullets fly all over the place when you should have hit. Kind of like adding a random delay to platform game inputs so your character misses the jump and dies even though you pushed the right button at the right time.

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Yeah, both AP and DX I rarely miss, just take the time for the reticle to close... :x

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I'm playing again now and I decided to try and shoot my pistol in bursts at low levels instead of going for critical hits like I normally do, and yeah - I can see what people mean, you do have a fair share of misses, enough to notice and get you in trouble.

Obviously, the key point is that it's pretty dumb to go rat-tat-tat with your pistol at low levels under this kind of system, but yeah. Take out the hyperbole and I can understand the complaint - if not agree with it.

That said, for me this is an awesome game. The only new CRPGs I've really enjoyed the last few years were Risen, TW and DAO, this is just as fun but more replayable - and I'd actually have bought DLC for once. :ermm:

I am EA sports, and i also plan my game with the next sequel in mind :p

Annual release dates being expected rather than pushed for tend to have that effect on your work.

Having said that, i won't touch Alpha Protocol. (as little as i touch computer games in general ATM, tbh...) But i hope it's as fun as Neverwinter Nights 2 was.. for a while atleast. Obsidian Entertainment deserves to suceed because the effort they put in their games.

A high lore skill will automatically identify a magical item as it enters your inventory.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...