What's Happening at The Silver Lining Website?

What's happening at The Silver Lining website? http://www.tsl-game.com

Er, there's a poorly illustrated Robin Hood hat and a countdown timer.

King's Quest then.

Which reminds me, I should play Mask of Eternity once.

And I don't care how departed it is from the original games.

Good old countdown pages... 2.5 hours left.

Never played the King's Quest games. A little info? Worth getting excited?

Well, the King's quest series is basically the Patriarch of the adventure game genre, and really the earliest blockbuster IP in the industry. It was the Super Mario of PC gaming, really. It was based loosely on a myriad of fairy tales and revolved around a royal family. While it was not overly adult in content, it was a fairly difficult series. If you failed to do something early on, it might come back and kill you in the late stages.

TSL is a small development group that has redone the graphics of a few of the classic adventure titles to make them more modern. I believe they were making a new King's Quest, when they received a cease and desist letter from the owners of the IP. I guess something changed.

Well, the King's quest series is basically the Patriarch of the adventure game genre, and really the earliest blockbuster IP in the industry. It was the Super Mario of PC gaming, really.

Then it's such a shame I somehow managed to not play any of them. The rest sounds interesting. Thanks.

"Save often!" -The Inquisitor

"Floss regularly!" -also The Inquisitor

Acti is probably trying to improve their current horrible rep with gamers. http://ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1100747p1.html

Gonna have to take a bit more than this for me to be happy about them.

The sheer fact they backed down and are allowing the craploads of hard work these people already did for this game is quite commendable.

Though Activision are still on my crap list... unless they approach Obsidian for a new Vampire: Masquerade game. :)

Edited by Jaesun

King's Quest then.

Good luck with that unless you never upgraded to either Vista or Windows 7. I recently bought a copy of MoE with the same intent, but apparently it's impossible to get working on newer operating systems.

Good luck with that unless you never upgraded to either Vista or Windows 7. I recently bought a copy of MoE with the same intent, but apparently it's impossible to get working on newer operating systems.
I didn't. Retro gaming FTW. :ermm:

Acti is probably trying to improve their current horrible rep with gamers. http://ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1100747p1.html

Gonna have to take a bit more than this for me to be happy about them.

The sheer fact they backed down and are allowing the craploads of hard work these people already did for this game is quite commendable.

Though Activision are still on my crap list... unless they approach Obsidian for a new Vampire: Masquerade game. :lol:

Not gonna happen, unless White Wolf changes their tune.

You may one day see a Vampire: Requiem game.... which I'd rather not contemplate. :cat:

Though, I once heard there was a nWoD mmo in the works somewhere....

Not gonna happen, unless White Wolf changes their tune.

You may one day see a Vampire: Requiem game.... which I'd rather not contemplate. :lol:

Though, I once heard there was a nWoD mmo in the works somewhere....

There still is.

Well, the King's quest series is basically the Patriarch of the adventure game genre, and really the earliest blockbuster IP in the industry. It was the Super Mario of PC gaming, really.

Then it's such a shame I somehow managed to not play any of them. The rest sounds interesting. Thanks.

Kings Quest 4-6 is on GoG.com as a package deal for ten bucks, I think. ie, you could play them on Vista/Win7. :lol:

I have the original on a CD version somewhere, bought many years ago, but I didn't get far into it before I ran into a bug or something. Maybe I should try that gog package myself sometimes.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

King's Quest then.

Silly.

http://www.sierrahelp.com

We're there to basically make all Sierra games run on modern machines. (As well as some other select games that resemble Sierra classic games).

Even if you get it to work, it is the Mask of Eternity, that should be a red flag already. I personally hated that game. Maybe it was because it was called Kings Quest and the only thing it had in common with the previous games was that it was set in the same world. I was bitter about the game play changes and the fact that you are playing a tanner.