Alpha Protocol sales and sequel

I don't know what it would take to get everyone who doesn't have a Steam version to link it through steam.

Personally, it would take a team of assassins holding a gun to my head. Steam sucks total balls. Read the fine print and they can deactivate your access to any product at any time without any reason. That includes products purchased elsewhere and voluntarily linked through them. You're literally signing up to say "I waive all ownership and consumer rights to this product"

I'm no obsidian fan. I take each game on it's own merits and don't bother comparing them to each other.

I preordered AP. That's how interested I was in this game. And I love what I'm getting from it(I haven't yet finished the Moscow missions and there's 2 other hubs to work in).

Yes it has its issues. But so does every other game out there.

I actually like the non-shiny graphics.

There is a game somewhat related/similar to AP... Star Trek: Away Team... isometric view but you had to again avoid being spoted, avoid cameras, be quiet and such stuff. It lacked a choice system but still. It was a great play.

I really really hope we'll see atleast a few DLCs(think new HUB/dlc deployed based AFTER the main plot).

Adding more story could make it easier to transition to AP2 eventually. Yes not a good idea to see all the old characters... but a few of the ones that weren't killed etc could be seen/interacted with etc(I like what Mass Effect does here... import your old game and you see some of the choices). Should be the same for AP2.

Just my 0.02 eur

" Read the fine print and they can deactivate your access to any product at any time without any reason. "

Nonsense. Just because it's in the fine print doesn't make it legally enforceable. They do that, you sue them, you likely are gonna win the lawsuit.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The thing is, it *is* enforceable. Anytime, if they find "some reason", they can ban your steam account, and then you pretty much lose all games associated with it.

Steam, just like XBOX live for consoles, can, if they want, prevent you from playing games you bought (ok, only MP part of XBOX, but if console is banned, MP is impossible, as well as patches and anything else that uses live).

In both cases, games rely on service that is not guaranteed to be available for you, just because you bough the game that uses it. Any transgression, can be "fined" by revoking those services.

Edited by player1

Spell Fixes compilation for Neverwinter Nights 2, as well as my other submissions for this great game.

Doesn't exclude the fact that you cannot access Steam without internet access.

Sure, most have these days, but if you ever get your connection down Steam serious sucks since their "offline" service really really sucks (I can tell) and can actually still want you to connect to play.

Me, I prefer to have a CD-check above Steam.

Also, DLC that requires one to be online 24/7 (isn't DA:O?) is a no-no to me.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

"The thing is, it *is* enforceable. Anytime, if they find "some reason", they can ban your steam account, and then you pretty much lose all games associated with it.

Steam, just like XBOX live for consoles, can, if they want, prevent you from playing games you bought (ok, only MP part of XBOX, but if console is banned, MP is impossible, as well as patches and anything else that uses live).

In both cases, games rely on service that is not guaranteed to be available for you, just because you bough the game that uses it. Any transgression, can be "fined" by revoking those services.

"

No. It's not enforceable as written. It can't be enforced for 'random' reasons. They need a legit reason. Your xbox/MS example is proof of this. MS doesn't ban people for random reasons. They ban people playing with cracked xboxes. That's a good reason.

If MS were to ban you from xbox live for a truly 'random' reason and you took them to court they would lose. Same with steam.

Learn the laws, and don't fear them. The only reason why lots of these silly stuff gets thrown in the 'small rpint' is ebcause customers don't bother to fight them, and when they do, they can win.

Small print or heck even normal print in contracts are not automatically enforceable in the law. That's up for the courts to decide.

"(isn't DA:O?)"

No.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Whether it's legally enforceable is a moot point. Are you really going to sue them to enforce your rights? You would realistically need to spend thousands on legal fees and research to even have a tiny chance of winning a law suit.

I used steam for a couple of purchases earlier this year. About a month later a steam update corrupted my steam client, which promptly deleted both games from my pc - no confirmation, no request for permission - they just vanished. It wasn't a big deal. I just re-downloaded the games (DA:O was one, incidentally).

But, from that point onwards every savegame file refused to load (the program would just hang). During various troubleshooting experiments I discovered that it only happened if I was connected to the internet.. if I unplugged my modem the save games would load just fine - so presumably steam was blocking them from being loaded.

It's now almost 3 months later and steam tech support hasn't answered my support ticket on the issue. I don't much care as the games are usable now (deleted and reinstalled the corrupted steam client which fixed it), but if they weren't usable i'd be screwed, and steam apparently don't give a fig about it either way.