Alpha Protocol sales and sequel

It's probably more the idea that you allege that there are facts. What makes them facts? Because you read them on the internet?

It'd be easier to just say you're lazy and don't want to. But that doesn't mean that something posted on RPGCodex is a fact. And that's a fact.

I ain't sharing the link as I feel no need to prove it as I get nothing out if. Still doesn't change the facts. ME2 has sold far more than 1.8mil copies.

Which is a fact, as well as the fact of ME2 becoming a TPS with some elements of RPG, gaining mainstream acceptance... and in this same market RDR has surpassed ME2, but RDR is a pure TPS and that is the market it is aiming...

AP, falls more into RPG elements applied to TPS, but failing to gain mainstream acceptance in TPS market... so, the comparison ME2 vs. AP is out of context, ME2 has got a very clear target market, AP does not or it fell short to aiming that market, who knows, we haven't got the marketing strategy to judge... which is a fact...

Are you disputing the following two statements: "I could claim the US invaded Iraq under the second President Bush" and "I was born on December 27, 1976" I've given no links to either of these yet they are undisputable facts.

"But that doesn't mean that something posted on RPGCodex is a fact. And that's a fact."

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that i'm some Codexian fanboy who thinks they never lie. the Codex are scumbags but the link in question comes from other sorces. They just poist the artciles so we cna all bash each other and game companies. L0L Still doesn't change the facts.

I'm not linking anything because I'm not moivated enough to do the seartch to prove anything to you since I get nothing out of it. Just knowing I know the fact is enough for me. And, the fact iothers choose to remain ignorant is just a bonus.

"Which is a fact, as well as the fact of ME2 becoming a TPS with some elements of RPG, gaining mainstream acceptance... and in this same market RDR has surpassed ME2, but RDR is a pure TPS and that is the market it is aiming...

AP, falls more into RPG elements applied to TPS, but failing to gain mainstream acceptance in TPS market... so, the comparison ME2 vs. AP is out of context, ME2 has got a very clear target market, AP does not or it fell short to aiming that market, who knows, we haven't got the marketing strategy to judge... which is a fact..."

Actually, all this is opinion and conjecture. Not fact,. Can't you tell the difference between the three?

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Actually, all this is opinion and conjecture. Not fact,. Can't you tell the difference between the three?

Indeed, same as your last sentence is an opinion... not supported by facts...

Please, express your opinion why ME2 sold those copies, which will fall off as a fact.... no rhetoric questions...

A good exposure of an argument, is supported by fact, but it's clear that you are mixing elements and you are not able to sustain... the only fact here, that we've haven't got Obsidian's or Sega's strategy marketing to evaluate the results, neither we've got BW/EA strategy marketing to evaluate... funding your opinions on facts?, fair enough, here comes how you can sustain (sic) "all this is opinion and conjecture" because you mentioned facts... following your logic, I gave facts, but still you dismissed, why anyone else won't dismiss your (sic) "all this is opinion and conjecture"...

BTW, historical facts are the only ones that cannot denied...

Edited by edgarcuk

"Forgive me,"

For what? You've commited no sin.

" but your statement is unacceptable in any context of discussion."

No. You don't make that decision/

" A fact is a fact because you say it is a fact?"

No. A fact is a fact no matter. facts are facts by being merely facts.

" If it were true what you say, then anyone could say anything, and then add "for me is a fact, then I do not have to prove it.""

No, it's a fact because it's true whetehr you believe it or not. Just because I don't link prof for you to read doesn't make it so.

I could claim the US invaded Iraq under the second President Bush and share no links and that statement would still be fact. Right?

" Maybe you're confusing opinion and fact. In any case, your mysterious source is more reliable than the official statement from EA?"

i think your confusing needing proof to back up fact to proof = fact. I could say i was born on December 27, 1976 and it would be fact even if I didn't share my birth certificate. It's true. fact is fact NO MATTER WHAT.

I ain't sharing the link as I feel no need to prove it as I get nothing out if. Still doesn't change the facts. ME2 has sold far more than 1.8mil copies.

(sorry for my english)

Is this a joke or what? Really, are you serious?

Anyway, I just read that Alpha Protocol has sold 15 million copies. Unfortunately I can't remember where I read it, but it does not matter, remains a "fact". You want to talk about the 15 million copies sold by Alpha Protocol?

"This is my destiny. To see what lies between life and death"

If you don't provide any concrete evidence to backup your statements, Volourn, you are merely talking out of your ass.

And yes, you would be getting something out of providing us with a link: The fact that you are right. Until then, quit talking out of your ass until you can provide something of value.

If you don't provide any concrete evidence to backup your statements, Volourn, you are merely talking out of your ass.

And yes, you would be getting something out of providing us with a link: The fact that you are right. Until then, quit talking out of your ass until you can provide something of value.

1.8 mil for ME2 is way too low....the actual sales of ME2 are around 6.6 million copies. And the link you're in so much denial about:

"Mass Effect and, of course, its 6.6 million-selling sequel Mass Effect 2, which was released earlier this year."

http://www.vg247.com/2010/04/14/muzyka-and...eynote-develop/

That's not the only one either......there were dozens of news reports from back in March or April when BioWare and EA announced they shipped 6.6 million copies of ME2.....and those are just physical manufactured copies not even counting digital downloads.

If I were you I would have taken his 1.8 mil figure without a whisper and hoped nobody pulled up the real 6.6 mil figure because the 1.8 looks a lot better for your argument.....it's only 1.6 mil over .2 mil rather than 6.4 mil more.

1.8 mil for ME2 is way too low....the actual sales of ME2 are around 6.6 million copies. And the link you're in so much denial about:

"Mass Effect and, of course, its 6.6 million-selling sequel Mass Effect 2, which was released earlier this year."

That's not the only one either......there were dozens of news reports from back in March or April when BioWare and EA announced they shipped 6.6 million copies of ME2.....and those are just physical manufactured copies not even counting digital downloads.

If I were you I would have taken his 1.8 mil figure without a whisper and hoped nobody pulled up the real 6.6 mil figure because the 1.8 looks a lot better for your argument.....it's only 1.6 mil over .2 mil rather than 6.4 mil more.

Who said I'm arguing? I only stated that if your going to make a statement without backing it up with facts, you would be talking out of your ass.

Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing.

In any case, thank you for providing factual evidence regarding the whole "argument".

Who said I'm arguing? I only stated that if your going to make a statement without backing it up with facts, you would be talking out of your ass.

Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing.

In any case, thank you for providing factual evidence regarding the whole "argument".

Considering that ME2 is one of the most acclaimed games in a very long time and has one of the highest Metacritic scores of all time(96) why would you even bother asking for proof to a figure like 1.8 mil? If anything it should seem low(and it is) but expecting one of the highest ever rated games by the games industry not to have sales in the millions seems.....pointless. Not to mention the heavy advertising campaign ME2 had on TV and during the superbowl playoffs and a lot more.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/...ss%20Effect%202

Considering that ME2 is one of the most acclaimed games in a very long time and has one of the highest Metacritic scores of all time(96) why would you even bother asking for proof to a figure like 1.8 mil? If anything it should seem low(and it is) but expecting one of the highest ever rated games by the games industry not to have sales in the millions seems.....pointless. Not to mention the heavy advertising campaign ME2 had on TV and during the superbowl playoffs and a lot more.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/...ss%20Effect%202

Critical and acclaimed aren't mutually "inclusive", you know. Shenmue, Grim Fandango, Psychonauts, Okami, Mad World, etc. All got great ratings and didn't sell well. ME2 didn't sell well because it had critical acclaim, it sold well because they put a shooter in it. And because of them putting a shooter in it, they got critical acclaim. The advertising part, though, i can understand.

But it seems wasteful to go after unskilled- (and he does make a good point) since we're all having a laugh with Volourn's facts.

That figure is rubbish, as alanschu said EA is obligated to give accurate figures. If they don't, it's fraud and people may go to jail, suffer fines or whatever else relevant laws say. In a battle between an unsourced press release from April 14 claiming an extra 5 million sales, and an official EA release from 31 March... it's EA 100% of the time.

(At a guess the 6.6M is almost certainly a typo for 1.6 million and someone just has fat fingers)

Where are we getting the 1.6 official release, btw? I think I missed it.

It's quite odd - a quick google shows 1up citing an EA announcement of 2 million in the first week. Of course, then NPD sales figures show 600k just for Xbox 360 - I forget how NPD do things and this may be just January or up to January, though it sounds like the former.

I never claimed 1.8 mil. I claimed 3milish. Actually, I never calimed that either. I claimed an article had cliamed 3milish.

"Anyway, I just read that Alpha Protocol has sold 15 million copies. Unfortunately I can't remember where I read it, but it does not matter, remains a "fact". You want to talk about the 15 million copies sold by Alpha Protocol?"

Not fact. In fact, it's a lie. It's a lie because you know what you just posted is untrue. Why do you lie?

At least the 1.8mil was just an oopsy.

"At a guess the 6.6M is almost certainly a typo for 1.6 million and someone just has fat fingers)"

Look. Why don't you and the other 1.8mil faqboys justa dmit you are wrong. Tigranes just gave TWO more links showing that ME2 has sold more than a meaisly 1.8mil copies. Just admit that the 1.8mil number is fraudlalent.

"ME2 didn't sell well because it had critical acclaim, it sold well because they put a shooter in it. And because of them putting a shooter in it, they got critical acclaim."

Must explain DA's success which at last call sold 3.2mil copies. LMAO

"since we're all having a laugh with Volourn's facts."

Only fools laugh at the fact that i read na article stating that ME2 had sold in the heighbourhood of 3mil copies. LMAO

"And yes, you would be getting something out of providing us with a link: The fact that you are right."

Nonsense. Providing a link doesn't make me right. Being right makes me right.

Just like I don't have to show evidence that I was born December 27, 1976 to make it a fact. It's a fact simplyn because it's a fact. Don't confuse facts with evidence.

"Until then, quit talking out of your ass until you can provide something of value."

You troll crying doesn't change the fact the 1.8mil crowd are the ones talking out their asses. How many people must provide links to disprove the 1.8mil nonsense ebfore youa dmit it was a foolish number. I was right ebcause I am right on this simple fact: I read ana rtcile that sgtates that ME2 had sold 2.8mil copies at that time. That is fact.

Tigranes: It should also be pointed out that the NPD always udnervalues the amount of sales for games - just look at their history of different games. They're all much lower usually than the typically accepted amount.

Edited by Volourn

Man, you guys need to learn some reading comprehension. Especially you Volourn.

First. I have never stated anything regarding the sales figures of ME2, or any other game for that matter.

Second. My whole post was about how you feel you are right without providing facts.

Third. Someone else provided the facts that you did not feel you should provide (thank you Fallen Ghost).

Fourth. Whoever makes a statement regarding raw data, regardless of whatever their intention is, the burden of proof lies with them. In this case, you.

Fifth. What article did you read? Where did it come from? Who wrote it? Where did they get the numbers from?

Sixth. Oh, so I guess I'm a troll because I simply stated that you should provide facts to back up your statements.

Alright, well.. I suppose I'll use your own logic against you.

You are a bitch. This is fact. Why? Because I believe it to be true, so it must be true. Therefore, you are a bitch. Do I have to provide any evidence to back it up? Honestly, no.. using your logic I don't have to because I believe it to be true.

Edited by unskilled-

Nonsense. Providing a link doesn't make me right. Being right makes me right.

Nonsense. You might just be delusional. In fact, I believe you are (and I read an article about it as well, won't bother providing you a link though), so that makes me right. You are delusional and that's fact, I don't need no evidence since I just started to use your argument methods and logic.

r00fles!

Hate the living, love the dead.

Are you disputing the following two statements: "I could claim the US invaded Iraq under the second President Bush" and "I was born on December 27, 1976" I've given no links to either of these yet they are undisputable facts.

"But that doesn't mean that something posted on RPGCodex is a fact. And that's a fact."

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that i'm some Codexian fanboy who thinks they never lie. the Codex are scumbags but the link in question comes from other sorces. They just poist the artciles so we cna all bash each other and game companies. L0L Still doesn't change the facts.

No, it's more just that you call stuff that aren't facts, facts! Don't be all surprised and defensive when you make stuff up and call it facts, and other people call you on it. LOL ;)

"You are a bitch. This is fact. Why? Because I believe it to be true, so it must be true. Therefore, you are a bitch. Do I have to provide any evidence to back it up? Honestly, no.. using your logic I don't have to because I believe it to be true.

"

Wow. That's impressive. Flaming to such a high degree because I pointed out the fact that 1.8mil isn't an accurate number even though others have shown that i am, in fact, correct. Don't cry because I was proven right that 1.8mil is a silly number. L0L

But, hey, I'm glad you feel it's okay to believe Tigranes is simply lying with the link provided. LMAO Why so mean and rude towards Tigranes?

(sorry for my poor english)

Ok, this is a source. Nevertheless, in a my research on the web, all sources (including NPD) reported a number of copies is between 1.6 and 1.8 million copies. The only source that report the numbers of 6.6 million copies is the one you mentioned. All those who discussed the reliability of these numbers (even the official Bioware forum) say are not reliable. For badkenbad, a user of Bioware Official Forum:

Heh, you guys are funny.

You don't have to guess what Mass Effect 2 sales were. You don't have to guess what was said in the EA conference call based on reports all over the web. You can listen to it yourself.

At 6:55, it says:

"Mass Effect 2 sold through over 1.6 million packaged and digital units in the quarter for Europe and North America combined."

That means that between January and March 2010, over 1.6 million copies of Mass Effect 2 were delivered to the ungrateful little hands of gamers just like you. This is EA senior management telling investors what their total sales number was for the title. Any other number for Mass Effect 2 sales that doesn't align with this number is suspect.

And this is a transcript of "Electronic Arts Q4 2010 Earnings Call" (12 may 2010): http://seekingalpha.com/article/204598-ele...call-transcript . As you can see it says: "Mass Effect 2 sold through over 1.6 million package and digital units in the quarter for Europe and North America combined and launched with the Metacritic rating of 96 on the Xbox 360"

Perhaps, as argued by many, the numbers refer to 6.6 million copies are probably the result

A) of a transcription error

B) these numbers refer to copies shipped, or the total copies sold between ME1 and ME2. And if so, the number of 6.6 million copies would be too high even counting the copies of Mass Effect 1.

Anyway, we're going off-topic. If we want to continue to discuss sales of Mass Effect, maybe it's better that we open another dedicated topic.

"This is my destiny. To see what lies between life and death"

Must explain DA's success which at last call sold 3.2mil copies. LMAO

I never said you have to be a shooter to sell well. In your defence, there's a typo on my post, it should be read like this:

"

Critically acclaimed and commercially succesful aren't mutually "inclusive", you know. Shenmue, Grim Fandango, Psychonauts, Okami, Mad World, etc. All got great ratings and didn't sell well. ME2 didn't sell well because it had critical acclaim, it sold well because they put a shooter in it. And because of them putting a shooter in it, they got critical acclaim. The advertising part, though, i can understand.

"

Sorry for that mistake, though the "All got great ratings and didn't sell well." should've set you to the right path.

Obviously Madden, Pokemon, The Sims and Oblivion prove that non-shooters sell well (but who's denying that?). In the end, jumping to conclusions leaves you looking silly.

Only fools laugh at the fact that i read na article stating that ME2 had sold in the heighbourhood of 3mil copies. LMAO

Doesn't this guy's broken record of "fact, fact, fact" remind you guys of...

office-dwight.jpg

?

Cookie to the one that finds the pertinent youtube video :lol:

Have to say I saw the figure Volourn quoted as well so while it ain't accurate he isn't just randomly making it up.

Where are we getting the 1.6 official release, btw? I think I missed it.

It's quite odd - a quick google shows 1up citing an EA announcement of 2 million in the first week. Of course, then NPD sales figures show 600k just for Xbox 360 - I forget how NPD do things and this may be just January or up to January, though it sounds like the former.

The 1.6 million has a link earlier in the thread- it's from EA via the Wall Street Journal, so reputable.

There are two types of sales figures, one refers to the number of copies shipped to retail, the other to the number actually sold- 'shipped [to stores]' vs 'sold through' from stores. NPD are actual copies sold (not 100% accurate for a number of reasons, but generally pretty good), as is the figure EA provided. A 2 million copies shipped figure if accurate implies around 400k+ copies being held in stores as unsold stock, so both figures can be accurate.

Have to say I saw the figure Volourn quoted as well so while it ain't accurate he isn't just randomly making it up.

I think nobody doubts that he saw the 1.8 number. But his argument of facts are facts is so stubbornly stupid it's hard to let pass. He could've easily dodged it by giving the link but well...

I think this thread's up for closing.

ME2 1.79, of course such places can and will be inaccurate but not by such a large degree.

Only 1.79 million units and it hasn't even surpassed the original's sales numbers yet, EA/Bioware have to be disappointed especially with all the love it got from critics. Even so, it was released the first week of January, not exactly ideal.